Babies: 9 - 12 Months

s/o Santa gifts, did all your gifts come from Santa?

DH thinks it is really weird that I had gifts from both Santa and my parents at Christmas (all were wrapped, btw). Did you get gifts from your parents too, or were they all from Santa?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: s/o Santa gifts, did all your gifts come from Santa?

• Gifts from mom and dad were always wrapped, gifts from santa were not. They were usually in a little group under the tree with our full stockings next to them. 
  • we got gifts from both. the big expensive ones were always from santa lol.
  • Loading the player...
  • I still get gifts from both my mom and santa.

• all from santa, but we knew who santa was.

W (02/2009), N (08/2012), and C (04/2014)
  • I got both. It was about half and half. Santa came in till I moved out at 22 and once I found out there was no Santa (I have no idea what age) my Mom would ask me if I wanted more from Santa or more from her. Oh, and the dogs got me presents too, and they got my Mom stuff as well. And they still do, what can I say, I have a painfully small family!
  • imagecajuncutie0169:
    we got gifts from both. the big expensive ones were always from santa lol.

I think my mom just randomly chose some to be from Santa. I'm surprised I ever believed in Santa actually, b/c she used the same wrapping paper and the "from Santa" tags were all in her handwriting.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We always got gifts from both:)
  • No.  Some were from parents.  Parents gifts were wrapped and Santa gifts were not.  guess who gave the most presents?
  • While we did both, our family had to be careful about the gifts. 

Both of my siblings were born in December and my parents did not want their birthdays to be overshadowed, nor did they want to loose the "reason for the season". 

So we only got one present from our parents, one present from Santa (this was never wrapped) and lots of fun stocking stuffers.  And they gave us the big, fun presents at our birthdays. 

Now, my DH does the opposite.  His family went hog wild over Christmas presents (his mom was poor and the christmas sales helped).  So we are trying to compromise.

file:///Users/Ilumine/Desktop/Family%20Portrait%20for%20gift.jpg
  • We always had gifts from both Santa and then dad or mom.  We always wanted to open the Santa gifts first because they were the fun toys.  The gifts from mom or dad were always clothes, books, etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"