Eco-Friendly Family

I can't listen to Christmas music :(

and it sucks! Every single time I hear a Christmas song I start crying and blubbering. It reminds me of how alone I am this year without DH. I hate it b/c CHristmas is my favorite holiday and I'm having a really hard time enjoying the season this year. Plus all the pregnancy hormones raging thru my body aren't helping the situation. I just want Christmas to be over with, and I have to say, I hate thinking that because of how much I normally enjoy it :(

Re: I can't listen to Christmas music :(

• (hugs)  I'm sorry.  I can only imagine how hard that would be.  :(  I know it doesn't help - I wish I could do more!!  :(
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • (((hugs)))

• Loading the player...
  • I'm sorry you are having a rough go at this. I can't imagine being pregnant, having to chase a toddler around, and having DH deployed. It was hard enough being pregnant and having DH deployed. Can you maybe get one of those tiny trees, some lights and decorations, etc, box them up with DD and send them to DH and have him do a mini Christmas celebration with you both? Might put you in a better spirit if you know he is able to SORT of celebrate with you, even if it is far away. Or, are you able to travel/have family around for Christmas?

Again, I'm sorry.

• i'm so right there with you. i could have written this post. the last couple days have especially sucked. lots of hugs.

i think i might blow a little money tomorrow, since its payday and all, and actually follow up on that suggestion rubyred. i've already bought paint and supplies to do some handprint wreaths for christmas presents, so that would be a neat box to send over to him. 

• imagenluvntexas:

i'm so right there with you. i could have written this post. the last couple days have especially sucked. lots of hugs.

i think i might blow a little money tomorrow, since its payday and all, and actually follow up on that suggestion rubyred. i've already bought paint and supplies to do some handprint wreaths for christmas presents, so that would be a neat box to send over to him. 

I know a bunch of women who did that during all the holidays. Decorations for every one of them. You can find some cheap/nice stuff at the $1 store if you need to save money. Plus, if you didn't know already, the P.O. has a discounted flat rate box for APO/FPO addresses.

• ohh, i know. i send a box every two weeks, more or less. it helps DD get excited to send stuff to 'gaga'
  • imagenluvntexas:
    ohh, i know. i send a box every two weeks, more or less. it helps DD get excited to send stuff to 'gaga'

That's cute. Smile Oh, someone posted before how to make ornaments with your child's hand print, and turn the fingers into little snowmen. That would be a cute idea too.

• I did send him a small tree, ornaments and things. He loved it! Its up in his room with his gifts under it. Oh and I sent him a stocking with stuff in it too :-) We're going to do Christmas on the webcam before or after Christmas day to avoid the crazy internet traffic there will be with all the soldiers calling home on Christmas day. It just sucks being pregnant and going through Christmas alone. I mean, I have friends and family around, but they're just not DH, KWIM? I was pregnant alone last time too but at least he came home for Christmas. Thank you for all the suggestions, I think for now, avoiding the music on the radio is key. Otherwise I'm a blubbering mess while driving and, well, that's just not safe.
  • Totally know what you mean. I think doing Christmas on webcam is a great idea though. Smile Just think about how great next year will be with the little one around, DD, and DH will be *I believe* home.

As far as the music goes, good idea! We don't need you getting into any accidents. 

• imageRubyRed1085:

Totally know what you mean. I think doing Christmas on webcam is a great idea though. Smile Just think about how great next year will be with the little one around, DD, and DH will be *I believe* home.

As far as the music goes, good idea! We don't need you getting into any accidents. 

DH better be home next Christmas!!! LOL :-) We're three months in and counting down to the baby b/c then I get to see DH again!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"