Eco-Friendly Family
Options

NEVER traveling w/ sposies AGAIN!

We went to visit DH's family for the holiday seeing as how he had to work this past weekend. (We live 2 hrs from where he works on weekends when he's not on Army orders). Since it was only 3 days and we didn't really have access to a laundry facility, I brought sposies... BIG mistake! DS has THE WORST rash he's EVER had in his entire life! AND he pooped all up his back, to his neck actually! It was disgusting. That's NEVER happened in cloth before, and he's had some pretty bad poops before. Ugh, the rash alone is reason enough to never use those stinkin things again. Oy! Lesson learned.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: NEVER traveling w/ sposies AGAIN!

• Options
    Ya, we made it to colorado and back with a disp. The few days we were moving in with my parents sucked bad enough. I dont know how pp use them all the time.
  • Options
    Oh I'm sorry :( Poor guy must have a sensitive tushie. I hate sposies but I use them when we travel b/c I refuse to do diaper laundry (or any laundry) on my vacation. Although, we really didn't have those problems that you had. What brand of sposies did you use? I use the Target brand Up and Up, as DD gets a rash from nearly everything else other than Huggies supreme and I won't spend that kind of $ on crap I throw away.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageproudarmywife08:
    Oh I'm sorry :( Poor guy must have a sensitive tushie. I hate sposies but I use them when we travel b/c I refuse to do diaper laundry (or any laundry) on my vacation. Although, we really didn't have those problems that you had. What brand of sposies did you use? I use the Target brand Up and Up, as DD gets a rash from nearly everything else other than Huggies supreme and I won't spend that kind of $ on crap I throw away.

We have used EVERY single kind that is available to us, except the more green ones (bad effer I know..). These were Pampers, the only kind that wasn't TOO bad for his bum. Huggies would burn his skin. Seriously, he looked like he had first degree burns in them. I even found pus in his diaper one time from his rash being so bad, and the skin on his penis would stick and peel to the diaper in a few of the brands. It was AWFUL! So we use Pampers because it was the only one that he could remotely stand. I wonder if it's because we switched to the bigger size, and they have more chemicals or something. IDK. 

• Options
    OOOOHHHH! That sounds awful. The poor baby. Some kiddos just can't handle all the crap they put in those sposies. FWIW, I think Pampers suck, they're very flimsy. But in your case, I would say just travel with CDs and wash daily. I'm sorry you had a horrible time and so did your son.
  • Options

Yeah, it was hell until we learned what he could or couldn't use. But a little Balmex, fleece liners, and cloth is all his little bum needs now and it will be cleared up within 2 days.

And as far as the rash goes... that was the LEAST of our problems. lol I really can't stand my IL's more now than before. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"