2nd Trimester

seriously landlord?

I dont even know how to react.

Red and me move to his home town in July, have to live with his parents in their 1 bedroom place until October, we move into this amazing basement suite, and now the landlord tells us that they are putting the house up for sale next month....seriously... what the fvck! We are just getting settled into this place, and its like... too bad, you cant stay here. I am going to have a nervous breakdown if we have to move in March.. when i am due!

I dont know what to do :( Its been a rough day.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: seriously landlord?

• Relax you will be ok. I have only lived in my apartment 4 months and we are moving across the country. I know it is way stressful but everything will be fine. I hope things get better. :)
  • I am so sorry. What a pain in the ass. Hopefully there's an easy solution.
    Ashley & Jeff Married since August 2007 BFP Cycle #16, Clomid 100mg DD #1 born on March 25, 2010 TTC #2 as of May 31, 2011 Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Sorry that sucks but since you can't do anything about it the best thing is to start looking asap! Start packing away all the stuff you do not use day to day and be prepared! Hope everything works out!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • you'll find something I'm sure.  We are going to be selling our house while I'm pregnant and then moving across the country shortly after this baby arrives.  It's going to suck and be stressful, but it'll be ok in the end. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • This happened to my hubby and I too, almost exactly the same thing. I thought you'd like to to know that that house stayed on the market the entire time we lived there. We moved out before they had any serious buyers. Hope you can be so lucky! :) ETA: we lived there for about ten months, btw.
  • Do you have a rental agreement? Depending on the law in your jurisdiction, you may be entitled to stay in the apartment regardless of owner until the end of the agreement.  Or perhaps the new owner (if there is one in this down market) will realize you're a great tenant and sign a new agreement with you anyway.
  • I guess the troubling part is that is all up in the air. The landlord is a friend, so we have no rental agreement.. They said we probably will be allowed to stay here even if they sell the house. But if we do have to move, we get 2 months notice and the last month is free rent. Half our stuff is still in boxes from when we first moved. I just don't want to unpack everything and get the house organized if we are moving in 2 months... I know it will be okay... I just don't like not knowing what is going to happen.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • That sucks. But, I agree with PP. Begin looking now so you can move ASAP and preferably before baby comes. Pack what you dont need right now and that will make it much easier.

We got effed over with our house too. We were supposed to move in this fall and then they pushed the date to April 2010. I am due with twins in April 2010. :(

• imageSam78:
    Do you have a rental agreement? Depending on the law in your jurisdiction, you may be entitled to stay in the apartment regardless of owner until the end of the agreement.  Or perhaps the new owner (if there is one in this down market) will realize you're a great tenant and sign a new agreement with you anyway.

This.

Although, as a landlord, we can kick tenants out whenever we want if it's us (the landlord) who is moving back into the house - regardless of when the tenants moved in. (This is in Ontario.)

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Eleanor Noelle - 18/05/12 Claire Elisabeth - 16/-5/10
  • I know how you feel. I moved three times to three different apartments in a period of 8 months. Everytime I had everything unpacked and settled, I would have to pack it all back up again. Luckily, we are staying in this apartment for another 9 months, but then we have to move AGAIN to another apartment, though in the same building. So I know your pain!
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"