Infertility

Houston Area Girls

Has anyone gone to Houston IVF or can you recommend any good RE's in the area? I am thinking about changing doctors. Thanks.
Trying to Conceive since 2006 Hashimoto's and PCOS diagnosed 7/09 Clomid 50 mg 10/09 - BFN Clomid 100 mg 11/09 - BFN Clomid 100 mg & Ovidrel 2/10 - BFN IUI #1 (Clomid 150 mg & Ovidrel) 11/10 - BFN IUI #2 (Injects) 3/11 - BFN Moving onto IVF #1 1/12 (IVF in Mexico) - BFP!! Beta #1 (9dp5dt) = 119 Beta #2 (11dp5dt) = 255 First U/S-singleton! EDD 10/29/2012 pregnancy BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Houston Area Girls

• Hope its ok if I post with dd in my siggy.  Who are you seeing now?  I live near Bmt...are you in that area?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I just went to my second RE today.  I am shopping right now and can't decide between the two.

First, I went to Houston IVF and saw Dr. Hickman.  Fancy, fancy office.  Easier location for me - I live in central Houston.  And also more costly.  But I really like Dr. Hickman and his staff.

Secondly, I went to Houston Fertility Institute and saw Dr. Griffith.  My DH liked to better - he thinks we are paying for the fancy office at Houston IVF.  Dr. Griffith seemed really nice.  The cost is less and they have a shared cost program.  The office didn't seem to run as smoothly.

So now I need to decide.  I have already started the preliminary testing with Dr. Hickman - do I tell them to send my paperwork to another RE to save money?

Success rates were about the same.  Protocol for IVF was very similar. 

Who is your current RE? 

• Loading the player...
  • I highly HIGHLY recommend them. I am an ob/gyn resident and we rotate through their office.  They actually know their patients, the office is really well run, and their success rates speak for themselves.  Anytime I see a patient who would be a toughie getting pregnant, Hickman / McKenzie were responsible for the pregnancy.

Just a cautionary word.  Hickman is super dry but brilliant.  McKenzie has a better bedside manner and also just as smart.

Good luck!!   

• Ok, so now I swayed to go with Dr. Hickman.  His dry personality was fine with me.  I liked him from the get-go.
  • I live about an hour north of Beaumont in the boonies but all of my dr.s are in Beaumont. I have been seeing Dr. Victores at SE Texas OBGYN as a referral from my regular dr. I did two cycles of Clomid and neither was monitored. I just get tired of asking and not receiving so I am going to switch Dr.s down to Houston. It will make it about at least a 2.5 hour drive to the dr. office but I am tired of waiting.
    Trying to Conceive since 2006 Hashimoto's and PCOS diagnosed 7/09 Clomid 50 mg 10/09 - BFN Clomid 100 mg 11/09 - BFN Clomid 100 mg & Ovidrel 2/10 - BFN IUI #1 (Clomid 150 mg & Ovidrel) 11/10 - BFN IUI #2 (Injects) 3/11 - BFN Moving onto IVF #1 1/12 (IVF in Mexico) - BFP!! Beta #1 (9dp5dt) = 119 Beta #2 (11dp5dt) = 255 First U/S-singleton! EDD 10/29/2012 pregnancy BabyFruit Ticker
  • I go to Dr Witz at Houston fertility Institute and love, love, love him. I agree that at first HFI seems disorganized but once you start cycling they really personalize your care. The office staff knows me by name and my RE personally callS me regularly and does all of my ultrasounds himself. But, would go with whoever you feel the most comfortable with.
  • I went to Dr Gill with HFI and got pregnant with IVF #1. He was recommended to me by my ob/gyn (who sent his own daughter to him) and I know a couple of other people who had success with him. Dr Gill is the medical director, though, and it's his office, so I think he's a lot harder to get in to see.

HFI's office is a little disorganized at the start, I can say that. I think I probably could have arranged to have Dr Gill or a doctor see me more, but I really didn't try much.. I was ok with the nurses and u/s techs doing them. Dr Witz did a couple of my u/s and my ER and I agree with LCB, he's awesome. They definitely know your name there, though -- a couple of times I called and they answered the phone with 'Hi Quizzle!'  I can also recommend Dr Haddad there, he's very nice as well and did one of my hysteroscopies.

imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"