Babies on the Brain

TW & Isha

OK.  I've been texting TW back and forth for awhile now about this...but it's easier to type on my laptop keyboard instead of my phone keyboard.

I'm looking at a flight now that arrives Saturday July 10th at 10:30pm and leaves Monday July 19th at 7:00am.  It's about the same price as the other one that's Wednesday (the 7th maybe) to Tuesday.  I'd rather stay an extra day or two, lol.

But then DH just came over and said "what do you think about driving out there??"

*dies*

Re: TW & Isha

• you....you ladies, are um, meeting?

Crying

MY FOUR ANGELS... M/C 12/26/02 AT 4 WEEKS M/C 12/31/07 AT 12 WEEKS, D & C M/C 12/5/08 AT 9 WEEKS, D & C ***BFP ON 3/26/09*** MARY REYNA BORN AND PASSED AWAY JULY 31ST, 2009 AT 23 WEEKS. GOODBYE SWEET BABY...I WILL MISS YOU FOREVER. ***AFTER 17 WEEKS ON BEDREST*** Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemrsmacias2008:

you....you ladies, are um, meeting?

Crying

Biitch, you better be there too.

• Loading the player...
  • ....you say driving like its crazy. I LOVE the cross-country drive. DH and I have driven from CA to MI at least 10 times. It's a beautiful drive, and I hate to fly. It's so fun!

FINE TEXT HER AND NOT ME! :*( j/kkkkkk

anything would work fine for me, I think. I say I think because we will be looking around for jobs, so there is *potential* that something could have happened. BUT, we have a lease at this house through the end of July, and unless a new school would start the 1st week of August, I think we would be waiting it out here, and leaving at the end of July.

I'm not sure all the equidistance and such, but it's about 35 min from here to LAX.

• You know you're welcome whenever :-)  Just driving while pg with trips may be a little hard.
  • haha...you know I will be.
    MY FOUR ANGELS... M/C 12/26/02 AT 4 WEEKS M/C 12/31/07 AT 12 WEEKS, D & C M/C 12/5/08 AT 9 WEEKS, D & C ***BFP ON 3/26/09*** MARY REYNA BORN AND PASSED AWAY JULY 31ST, 2009 AT 23 WEEKS. GOODBYE SWEET BABY...I WILL MISS YOU FOREVER. ***AFTER 17 WEEKS ON BEDREST*** Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • What if we are all KU?! Nice.
  • imagemrsmacias2008:
    What if we are all KU?! Nice.

PSHaw. I am confident that you THREE will be. For me, well, that means I have 3 designated drivers.

• i will be there, and i wont be KU either!
    Thing 1 = April 2008, 38weeks 8lbs 7oz 19in
    Thing 2 = May 2009, Stillborn 33weeks 4lbs 9oz 18in
    Thing 3 = October 2010, 27weeks 4days 2lbs 4oz 14.25in

• Oh. My. Gah.

I flew to Houston TX and rode home with my mom and grandma a couple years ago.  That was 17 hours of pure hell.  And DH can't drive worth a damn, so I really don't see a road trip to LA and back having a happy ending.

And I just mentioned the fact that I will need to stop to pee every 30 minutes because I will be KU by then, and he said "then we'd have to change our plans if you get pregnant." But I'm not waiting around until May or June to buy the tickets for $600 each because he didn't want to buy them in February when they were $220.

• You can still fly if you're pg.  Silly dh!
  • imageTim'sWifey:
    You can still fly if you're pg.  Silly dh!

I think he means for us to plan to drive now, and if I get KU we'll just buy tickets and fly so we won't have to worry about stopping so I can pee. But I think he forgets I have an inner Travel Agent and that I have witnessed plane tickets doubling and tripling the longer you wait to buy them.

• imagecrownedbee:

imageTim'sWifey:
    You can still fly if you're pg.  Silly dh!

I think he means for us to plan to drive now, and if I get KU we'll just buy tickets and fly so we won't have to worry about stopping so I can pee. But I think he forgets I have an inner Travel Agent and that I have witnessed plane tickets doubling and tripling the longer you wait to buy them.

Oh, that makes more sense :-) 
  • Not only does google maps say it's a 1 day and 14 hour drive...

But I've driven half that trip and I know damn well there are no bathrooms between Atlanta and Houston.  LOL.  So we can stop to pee in Atlanta and Houston, and then we'd have to wait until we got to California to pee again.

Sometimes I have issues going the hour and 15 minutes to the ILs without stopping to pee.  He can freaking forget driving to California.

• *shrugs*

That's why God invented rest stops. I have to pee damn near every hour. I still love the drive.

• Argh.

DH wants to go to the Grand Canyon.  And all the other sites between here and there--even though there's not much but pretty scenery.

I calculated it.  It would cost us about $500 just in gas to get out there and back if we drive.  Not to mention the drinks and snacks we'd go through because for some reason DH can't drive if he doesn't have a drink and a snack.

So I told him maybe one day we could rent a car and go out to the Grand Canyon.  But then I looked on google maps...8 hour drive. Gah.

Crazy how it takes 8 hours to drive to the Grand Canyon but in that time we can fly home.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"