Austin Babies
Options

Update to crazy cycle

I spent the entire, yes entire, day in the ER today.  9 hours.  I can't stand Laredo.  But I will give them the fact that they are thorough.  So even though I've had abnormal vaginal bleeding, blinding painful cramps, bloat making me gain 8 pounds, and stabbing side pains........

I have nothing wrong with me. 

I guess that's good and bad.  I don't have any ovarian cysts, not even ones that have ruptured.  They did a full ultrasound, external and vaginal.  Blood work, urine tests...everything.  I also don't have kidney stones, I'm not pregnant, I don't have endometriosis, uterine fibroids, no tumors of any kind on any organ, and I don't have any problems with my gallbladder.  Even my small abnormal kidney is working fine.  I already had my appendix removed, so not that.

I know what I don't have, and I'm sure glad I don't have any of those things, but they have no idea why I was in such pain.  And I mean it was bad bad pain.  I think it still hurts, but I'm living on the Vicodin train right now so I have no idea. 

Oh well, got good pain meds out of it.  If this is just my body deciding it would be fun to give me new PMS symptoms, it's a cruel cruel joke.

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Update to crazy cycle

• Options
    I'm glad there's nothing they could find, but so sorry you are experiencing pain.  Thanks for the update - I've been thinking of you.
  • Options
    Ditto Taffy. I hope you feel better soon!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm sorry they didn't have a diagnosis for you, but it does sound like they were pretty thorough.

I do want to comment about the endometriosis, though, if you don't mind the unsolicited advice.

The only way to definitively rule it in or out is to do surgery and look inside you with a laparascope. I have had two laparoscopies and was diagnosed with stage 3 (4 is the worst) during surgery #1. Surgery #2 was less than a year later, and the endometriosis had grown back to stage 2. I had multiple ultrasounds done prior to the first surgery, and everything looked fine since endometriosis cannot be diagnosed definitively with an ultrasound. Some abnormalities may suggest endo, but there is no way to be sure that you have or do not have endo unless you have surgery.

I had extremely painful, heavy and long periods during my adolescence, but things got better when I got into my 20s.  My periods still hurt, but they were not as long or as heavy. I was surprised how it felt like not much of anything to have a period after I had the first surgery. I thought painful periods WERE normal.

I hope you feel better soon. (And I hope you don't mind my unsolicited comments.)

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagePrincessBrideSarah:

I'm sorry they didn't have a diagnosis for you, but it does sound like they were pretty thorough.

I do want to comment about the endometriosis, though, if you don't mind the unsolicited advice.

The only way to definitively rule it in or out is to do surgery and look inside you with a laparascope. I have had two laparoscopies and was diagnosed with stage 3 (4 is the worst) during surgery #1. Surgery #2 was less than a year later, and the endometriosis had grown back to stage 2. I had multiple ultrasounds done prior to the first surgery, and everything looked fine since endometriosis cannot be diagnosed definitively with an ultrasound. Some abnormalities may suggest endo, but there is no way to be sure that you have or do not have endo unless you have surgery.

I had extremely painful, heavy and long periods during my adolescence, but things got better when I got into my 20s.  My periods still hurt, but they were not as long or as heavy. I was surprised how it felt like not much of anything to have a period after I had the first surgery. I thought painful periods WERE normal.

I hope you feel better soon. (And I hope you don't mind my unsolicited comments.)

I love unsolicited comments :)  Very helpful!

I had heavy long periods in high school, 7-10 days and always needed a towel when I slept during my period.  But I've never had painful periods, not until this past week.  Usually I have a night of slight cramps and that's it.  Even when I was younger.  But I'm an old lady now, so who knows :)

Thanks ladies!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Definitely discuss this with your ob gyn--our fertility problems were a direct result of my endometriosis. Being on birth control pills does suppress the growth of endometriosis and can help preserve your fertility.

The amount of pain is also not indicative of the amount of problem--some people have little to no pain but severe endometriosis while others have a lot of pain and no endo or very mild endo.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Glad they didn't find anything wrong, but it also sucks that they don't know what else to do to help! Good luck and I hope you feel better soon!
  • Options
    ditto pps. Hope you feel better soon!
  • Options
    I'm glad that nothing is wrong with you, but boo for pain. Feel better soon!
  • Options
    Oh my goodness--what a long day for you!  A lady I work with had some similar symptoms as you're describing, and she had to have her gallbladder removed.  But, they probably checked yours, right?  Hope you feel better soon!!
  • Options

Ditto on the pp's comments about endo.

It caused me very sharp stabbing pains around where I guessed my left ovary is and in my lower back.  Turns out that those were the locations of the heaviest concentration of scar tissue found during the lap.  so much so that my left ovary was attached to my uterus by the tissue and we think that's why I was in so much pain.

If there is NOTHING else they can diagnose, it might be worth looking into a lap to alleviate your pain and heavy bleeding.

I Can't Resist Those Chubby Cheeks

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Dx with endo & blocked left tube - TTC #1 for 29 cycles before miracle BFP, #2 - Surprise!!
    My TTC/PG blog / Panda Phenomenon Explained
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"