Attachment Parenting
Options

Stressful birthday turns to a Mommy moment (long)

Today is my birthday!  I also work as the executive director of a non-profit and our two largest fundraisers are this week.  I am of course way behind in the last minute details and follow up because I am also working as a full time new Mommy to our 7 week old!

I am a type-a personality when it comes to work and so planning this years events have been very hard on me.  The last few months have been a great lesson in letting go and re-prioritizing my life.   Ever since Sadie arrived it has been a struggle to find myself and where my old identity will fit in my new life as a Mommy- and an AP Mommy no less!

Well today I am swamped with work, have a very fussy baby and generally have just been too stressed to even think much about my birthday.  Sadie has been fussy all day and I finally got her to nap.

Then when she woke up I got the biggest smile and cooing snuggly baby.  All of a sudden the stress of my day melted away and I had no desire to answer the ringing phone or look at my email.  I walked away from everything without guilt for the first time!

What a great birthday present this little lady gave her Mommy!  I know that I will end up feeling stressed again in a bit but hopefully some of this feeling will linger the rest of the night:)

Re: Stressful birthday turns to a Mommy moment (long)

• Options
    My baby smiled for the first time on my birthday too!  What a great gift.  I hope your day gets even better.
  • Options

How cute! Happy Birthday!

Sorry the first half was hard on you. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
                                ~Missed MC at 8 weeks. D&C at 12 weeks on 4/17/13~ 
       Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    YAY! Enjoy your LO! They are a great reminder that life is too short to sweat the small stuff :) Happy Birthday!!!
    BFP#1 May 17, 2008
    Surgery for ectopic pregnancy June 3, 2008
    BFP #2 September 25, 2008
    Baby boy born June 4, 2009 at 40 weeks
    8 pounds 13 ounces and 23 inches
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP #3 February 6, 2011
    First U/S February 25, 2011 = TWINS!!!
    Boy/girl twins born October 4, 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Happy Birthday! It's those moments you'll never forget :).
  • Options

So sweet :)

Also, I noticed you are in the bay, have you checked out the bump board for NorCal ladies?  It's an active board! https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/4236715/ShowForum.aspx

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"