Pregnant after a Loss

First internal = progress & ? about full moons

Well I had my first internal today and I'm 1 cm dilated and 50% effaced. So not much but it's something.

So I'm wondering, how legit do you think the full moon theory is? A lady from DH's job told him today that her grandmother always swore that the baby will come on the 9th full moon of the pregnancy. She's tested it for years now and it's proven to be true for everyone she knows. Wednesday the 2nd is the 9th full moon of my pregnancy - I wonder how likely it is that I'll go into labor...?

Re: First internal = progress & ? about full moons

• I've heard that L&D units are always more busy on full moons, but it probably only applies if your due date is actually near a full moon.  I was curious about this too and looked up the full moons around the birthdays of a bunch of people I know and not one of them has a birthday on or immediately following a full moon in the year they were born.
  • I went into labor with Mia on a full moon... you never know!
    Mia Elizabeth 8/19-8/20/08 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • There's a full moon 10 days before my EDD, I've got my fingers crossed!

• Well, if nothing else, the 9th full moon of hte pregnancy is a fun "fact" to go by ;) I'm curious now to see if there's any full moon any time around my EDD! I think you *probably* still have a little bit of a wait (sorry!) but still, I've heard that L&D is way busier around full moons.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"