Pregnant after a Loss

never checked for progress by 39 weeks...

anybody else not get checked for progress?  i was originally told that at 39 weeks they would start, but today she said that she'll wait until next week.  i was kinda bummed.  but i did get a surprise u/s.  she said she looks great, has tiny peach fuzz hair (so she'll pretty much be a baldy) and she thinks she's around upper 7's or 8 lbs.  that worries me!  she also said that i don't qualify for a growth u/s based on, what sounded like, her size relative to my height/weight.  it's kinda annoying though to not know if i've made any progress at all though.  anybody else's dr do it like this?

Re: never checked for progress by 39 weeks...

• I have been checked since week 36 but maybe it is better they do not check....knowing that I am 1cm dilated and 50% effaced hasn't done much for me except make me wonder when I will progress more.  I often wonder if I didn't know if it would be better since they will not make any decisions about induction until this week or next week anyway.  I am in the same boat as you with the size of the baby.  At 37 weeks they estimated her at 7.5lbs during my ultrasound.  She said give or take a pound...I am hoping she was off by a pound and maybe was only 6.5lbs and that by the time I deliver she will be around 7.5lbs....makes me nervous having a big baby.  I don't think I would be able to deliver a 9lb baby.
  • My MW doesn't check at all.  It is both good and bad I guess.  It definitely makes sense as it really is not indicative of when you will go into labor but yeah it is a bit frustrating to not know what your body is doing.

9 angels in heaven-3 in my arms and 1 in the NICU                                                                                                                                    
    Mono/di twin girls: Josephine born to heaven and Evangeline born Earthside at 25w

• Loading the player...
  • My MW said that she would wait until 39w for an internal, but if I wanted one earlier I could have one. I passed on one at my 37w but took one last week and again this week. I have not had a growth u/s, but she is estimating 6.5lbs and is not sure how much more I can grow as he is pretty tight in there.
    Missed m/c at 11w 7/08 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • You made me giggle.  At my 38 wk appt with DD the doc told me she'd prolly be close to 8lbs, and I was worried that would be a big baby.  Guess what, he lied, she was 9lbs 1oz. 

ETA: Sorry if I just scared you more. No matter the size, you'll do just great.

• I've been getting checked every week since week 36, but they ask me every time if I want her to check me - I just always say yes cuz I'm too curious not to know if I've progressed! Stick out tongue my doc thinks my baby is a bit small, so I'm lucky there (if she's right). I would ask to be checked if they don't do it next time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"