Georgia Babies

Stone Mountain Christmas

Just wondering if it is worth the money for a 2 year old?  I know she will enjoy all the lights, but is there anything else age appropriate to do?

Re: Stone Mountain Christmas

• I'm really curious about this as well, as I have heard very mixed reviews and have never been myself.
  • When I posted question the impression I got was not worth the $$.  So we won't be doing it.
  • Loading the player...
  • We went last year when Doodle was 2.  I'm THINKING about going again, but probably won't go...to much to do and it wasn't THAT great for the money.  With that said, one of my girlfriends took their 10 month old DD there this past weekend and they had a good time.  However, she said "It's likely a once in a lifetime experience for us"  meaning she wouldn't go back again because of the cost. I think it's like $28 per person and that doesn't include parking and that doesn't include anything to eat/drink...like $3 or$4 hot choc.  I think you can get coupons at Kroger though.  We MAY do Snow Mountain...not sure...it's the same amount.
  • Good to know.  The cost is exactly why I'm thinking it's not worth it. I just cannot justify $60 for Christmas lights.  That being said, is there anywhere else that is cheaper to go and enjoy Christmas lights?  I know Lake Lanier, but I think they are pretty pricey as well. Thanks!
  • I think Lake Lanier is also $60 per car which is insane to me...but I know its a good display.  That being said, I think we will go to Life University for the low price of $5 per car.

https://www.life.edu/lightsoflife

• WTF?!??! Lake Lanier is $60 bucks per car??? Last year it was like $30 (which was a lot if you ask me).  Maybe we won't be doing either this year.  good grief!
  • It's $33 during the week and $53 on weekends if you buy tickets online.  Otherwise it's $40 and $60 per car.

Has anyone been to Pettit Creek Farm's light display? I was just reading on their website they do hayrides for $10, or ask for a $9 donation per car if you drive through. They also have the animals out for the petting zoo.  This is starting to sound like it's our only option.

Can you walk through at Life Univ. or is it drive through only? I just don't think DD will see much driving through.

• We appreciate your interest and discussion regarding Stone Mountain Christmas and wanted to be sure you had up-to-date ticket prices and value options. Tickets prices for adults are $26 and kids 3-12 are $21. Children 2 and under are always FREE. We are also offering a Christmas Family Value Pass (https://www.stonemountainpark.com/offers-packages/default.aspx?id=231) exclusively online. This pass gets you four entrances + four meal tickets for $109 (plus tax).

Another option is to become a Mountain Member for $52 for adults, $42 for kids 3-12. This way, you can visit all year long for just the price of two visits -- you can come to Stone Mountain Christmas as many times as you want plus Spring Fun Break, Summer at the Rock, Pumpkin Festival, Indian Pow Wow, etc.

Finally, we offer discounted individual tickets and Mountain Memberships if you purchase them at your local Kroger. In addition to all the Christmas activities (https://festivals.stonemountainpark.com/mini-section/default.aspx?id=42) all these ticket options include entrance to Stone Mountain Park's other daytime attractions open during this season including mini-golf, the Summit Skyride, friendly farmyard & Plantation plus the Great Barn. Your family can literally play all day into the evening at the park.

Toddlers would most certainly enjoy many of the daytime and Christmas activities especially the train ride, visiting with the Snow Angel, petting the animals at the farmyard, watching the Christmas lasershow, seeing Santa in the parade, listening to the carolers and even taking a ride to the top of the mountain on the Summit Skyride.

We welcome any further inquiries you may have and thank you for considering a visit. Please feel free to contact me directly. Meanwhile, all of us at Stone Mountain Park wish you and your families a blessed Christmas season.

Warm regards,

Marti Pirkle

mpirkle@stonemountainpark.com

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"