Alabama Babies

Speaking of lowering the crib...

I thought I had lowered it all the way. Then I woke up this morning with a loud THUD coming from K's room.

Turns out she decided to pull up and stand up in her crib for the first time. I had a white noise maker (small plastic box thing from the Sleep Sheep) resting on the ledge of the crib and she knocked onto the floor.

When I got to her she was standing up and had her legs on top of the bumper and was bending over the top of the crib railing, trying to crawl out!! I then figured out that there is one more setting to lower the crib... which I did this morning before I left work. YIKES!

Other than lowering the crib, putting the outlet covers on and putting locks on the cabinets, do yall have any other "babyproofing" suggestions?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
mmc and d&c at 8.5 weeks - 8/23/2010
natural m/c and d&c at 10 weeks - 1/24/2014
DX w/ hetero C677t and A1298C MTHFR - 3/4/2014

Re: Speaking of lowering the crib...

• Since she's figured out she can stand on the bumper, I'd say remove those as well.  Hitting her head on the crib slats is way less painful than falling from climbing out of the crib. 

Other than that, secure all furniture to the wall (since it's baby furniture, it should already have straps that you can screw into the wall).  Remove any furniture that she could possibly tip over (i.e. end tables next to the glider/rocker). 

• Lydia, I can't believe Ms. K is already pulling up in the crib.  Time really has flown by.  It seems like yesterday you were pregnant with her. 
  • Loading the player...
  • imagekc0721:
    Lydia, I can't believe Ms. K is already pulling up in the crib.  Time really has flown by.  It seems like yesterday you were pregnant with her. 

You are telling me! Three weeks ago she wasn't even crawling yet and now she's scooting and crawling everywhere, pulling up, standing up and getting into EVERYTHING. It seems like it happened overnight!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
    mmc and d&c at 8.5 weeks - 8/23/2010
    natural m/c and d&c at 10 weeks - 1/24/2014
    DX w/ hetero C677t and A1298C MTHFR - 3/4/2014

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"