Pregnant after 35

Is anyone freezing meals ahead of time?

If so, what are you preparing?  I am looking for ideas!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Is anyone freezing meals ahead of time?

• I was thinking about doing this as well. I'm trying to think of ways to make life a little easier before the LO arrives.

My grandma always made Turkey Soup and froze it in individual servings. Just defrost and make some noodles to throw in and you're done. I don't know. I'd love some ideas too :)

• I bought meals from Dinner Afare.  You can prob find a place like that close to you.  They put meals together and freeze them.  Most of the time they have a free stand in chef for pg ladies, so you don't have to put the ingredients together yourself.  It was a huge blessing after Jack was born, and I still buy from them about once a month.
  • Loading the player...
  • imagefauxshelley:
    I bought meals from Dinner Afare.  You can prob find a place like that close to you.  They put meals together and freeze them.  Most of the time they have a free stand in chef for pg ladies, so you don't have to put the ingredients together yourself.  It was a huge blessing after Jack was born, and I still buy from them about once a month.

Oh my gosh Shelley, that pic is SO adorable!! :)

I will look into that!

• Every time I make a casserole I put a container or 2 away...So far I have put Chilli & Lasagna in the freezer but for some reason they keep getting eaten by DH...at least I'm trying to think ahead.

Pregnancy Ticker

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I would LOVE to do this, but our freezer is tiny, so I don't think it's going to happen.  I'd probably just make pasta like lasagna and spaghetti, and maybe beef stew and chicken noodle soup.
  • I am not far enough along to be doing this yet, but I plan to. I usually have a couple things in the freezer all the time...but with exhaustion, I've failed miserably lately.

I have a great cookbook called "Don't Worry, Dinner's in the Freezer" that is a whole cookbook of things you can make ahead and freeze. Some of DH's favorites include: enchiladas, pea soup, taco soup, meatloaf, lasagna, quiche and of course pie.

I got it at my local Christian bookstore, but you should be able to find it at Amazon....I'll post a link if I find it.

• That's another great thing about Dinner Afare, everything is packaged really small.  I fit 13 dinners in my small freezer easily, and thats on top of all the other crap that I aready had in there.
  • Yes, we bought a chest freezer at sears this wkd for that exact purpose.  Not yet a final list, but dh's requests were:

*chicken parmesan w/ spaghetti

*turkey dinners

*spaghetti and meatballs

*meatloaf w/ mashed potatoes and veggies

I'll probably make some of these with ground turkey to lighten it up :)  Other ideas I have:

*chicken piccata w/ risotto

Still need  to brainstorm... only started thinking about this.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"