Georgia Babies

Cirque show in Atlantic Station?

Driving home from the airport we saw the tents/ sign but for the life of me I have NO idea what the sign said and DH and I figured it was a touring Cirque show. I'd really like to get him tickets for Christmas does anyone know the info? Ticket master isn't doing me any favors b/c I don't remember what the darn sign said. Maybe I am delusional and can't read, that is always a possibility.
Colin Patrick-7/14/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Cirque show in Atlantic Station?

• It's Cavalia...but i don't think it's Cirque...but i'm not 100% on that part.
  • It's a show called Cavalia--which is produced by the same people, I think. It's got horses in it.
    Photo by Everything Nice Photography
    My blog
  • Loading the player...
  • From Wikipedia:

Cavalia is a company based in Montreal, Quebec, Canada that presents large-scale equestrian productions involving trick riding, vaulting, haute ?cole and pas de deux, unbridled displays, and Cirque du Soleil-like performances.

Cavalia was created and directed by Normand Latourelle, one of the original founders of Cirque du Soleil. The musical score was composed by Michel Cusson.

The tour uses 64 horses, all of them either stallions or geldings. Thirteen horses are Lusitanos (and brothers or half-brothers), and the remainder are Canadian Horses, American Quarter Horses, Paint horses, Belgians, Percherons, Arabians, and a young Appaloosa colt. About half of the horses were brought from southern France and the rest are from the United States.

The show is performed in the largest tent in North America, a 2440 m? (26,300 ft?) big top, and takes 40 people 12 days to erect and 7 days to dismantle. The stable adds on another 1070 m? (11,500 ft?), and it takes 45 trucks to move the whole show. The 46m (150 ft) wide stage takes 1500 tons of sand to complete.

Photo by Everything Nice Photography
    My blog
  • Thank you! I am still laughing about reading the sign and having no clue what it said after the fact. I'll have to check it out and see if it's what we think it is. We missed Kooza last year and were bummed.
    Colin Patrick-7/14/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • It's not a cirque show but it's produced by one of the founders of cirque. I've heard great things about it but the seats were a little to pricey for us right now. I know I just read that it's being held over for the rest of the year maybe. If you google Cavalia you'll find their website which will let you see where the seats are exactly before you buy them.
    BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • DH and I went a few weeks ago. Just a quick note that the show is NOT baby or toddler friendly. I probably wouldn't take a child under the age of 7 and didn't see any young children at the show we were at. The show can go very slow in spots, and it might be hard for younger children to sit through. There are no clowns, no "kiddie type" circus acts. The show centers around the beauty of the horses. It's very much geared towards older children and adults. If you have been to a Cirque show in the past and/or like horses, you will enjoy the show.

We had a good time.  It wasn't the best equestrian show* I've ever seen, but it was worth going to see. While there aren't any bad seats, buy the best seats you can afford. It was worth being up close to see the interaction between the trainers and the horses.  There was one act involving about 8 horses at liberty ("free" with no saddles and bridles) and one of the trainers that was amazing.

*That goes to the Spanish Riding School of Vienna, Austria. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"