Pregnant after 35
Options

What worked when you were nauseous?

So being at work and being nauseous and dizzy is hard.  The nausea is getting worse.   I work part time but will be working m-f this week and have no break. 5 hours a day.

I have heard of candy lolipops and or drops that are for the nausea, do these work?   any other suggestions?

thanks

Re: What worked when you were nauseous?

• Options

Peppermint and cinnamon hard candies worked for me for a while.  So did snacking on pretzels or crackers.  I found that eating small meals and snacking were the only things that helped, oddly.

It gets better, I promise.  But, then it comes back.  I have had bouts of it in third tri too.  I was pretty lucky not to have it full blown at all.  Just mild nausea.  Thankfully, it passes pretty quickly now.

Good luck!

PhotobucketPhotobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I basically ate SOMETHING every hour or anytime I started feeling icky: crackers, jolly ranchers, ginger snaps, ginger candy, cereal, granola bar...
    click the pic (blog)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I've used Seabands, but the issue with them is make sure you are at a toilet when you take them off becuase you will get sick almost immediately.

Keeping something in the stomach helped some, but taking Zantac is what pretty much cured me around 14 weeks.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

for me...

Salt and Vinegar potato chips

Lemonade

• Options
    imageRaeAnt:

I've used Seabands, but the issue with them is make sure you are at a toilet when you take them off becuase you will get sick almost immediately.

Keeping something in the stomach helped some, but taking Zantac is what pretty much cured me around 14 weeks.

Totally forgot about Sea Bands!  And how could I?  They were such a lovely fashion statement.  Seriously, these work.  And they are under five dollars. 

PhotobucketPhotobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I definitely second the ginger stuff: ginger ale, ginger tea, ginger snaps, crystalized/candied ginger (Trader Joe's has some, I'm sure you can find it elsewhere), pickled ginger like they serve with sushi. 

A couple that I don't hear mentioned often: try not to eat and drink at the same time - one or the other. And try to eat HOT or COLD foods/ drinks, not lukewarm or room temp. 

• Options

i still have morning sickness. i take reglan. zofran did not work for me.  i also keep super sour candies near by for when i'm on the phone at work or on the drive home and i get a nausea wave. i like sour skittles and sour patch kids.

also ginger ale that has ginger in it. the ginger snaps and candied ginger did not work for me.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Trident gum, nothing else would work.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"