Washington Babies
Options

Stupid leaky Avent bottles!!!

I am so tired of my leaky avent bottles, I swear they leak every time and I have to change my boy's shirts because they are soaking wet with the stinky formula smell.

I am going to go buy a different brand to try. Any recs? We started with dr. browns but hated all of the parts. TIA.

Re: Stupid leaky Avent bottles!!!

• Options

OMG I don't know how many times I have said that sentence in our house too!!! I know a few friends have said the same thing too (wish I heard these complaints BEFORE I brought them!)

Anyway I was told if you just twist the cap open again then tigten them again straight away not completely tight then this prevents leaking. Doing this has worked about 90%of the time & has stopped leaks for us. Good luck, I know it's frustrating!

collage Cooper Flynn is 3 years old and growing! May 10,2009 Miscarriage April 2008 Ectopic pregnancy August 2011
  • Options
    I hate them with a passion too!  My problem was always that Cruz wouldn't take any other bottle once he like those.  With my next baby we will but dong the drop in bottles with less parts to wash all the time!
    imageimage Brothers! image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

That's interesting. I never had this problem with my Avent bottles. I guess I didn't use them all the time either though, since I was home a lot and just breastfed. I'm sorry that they're leaking. A friend of mine used the Playtex drop-in's and the Playtex Vent-air's. DD hated the Vent-Air ones and we never ended up using them. I hope you find some bottles that work better!

photo 2d6f681a-40e8-42e5-a771-5a26c7ad29fe_zpsdce5d654.jpg Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

I loved the look/feel of the Playtex natural nursers  - but my baby wouldn't take to them....

We only use Dr Browns now and I don't find it has too many parts - they click together quite easily. I just keep a lunchbag on the counter and pop them in there and build them as we use them....

• Options
    I BF but we try to give DS a bottle at least once a week and often will pack a bottle with us on long trips, etc and I HIGHLY recommend BornFree bottles. They have a wide set nipple similar to avent. We've experienced NO leaking thus far.
  • Options
    The playtex dropins have worked great for us!
  • Options

I find that hte Avent bottles leak if they're over tightened.  Try not tightening them hard.  See if that works.  

• Options
    Thanks Ladies - I have been trying to tighten them extra b/c I thought they were too loose probably adding to the issue. I'll try that and maybe the drop ins again since we have a few of those - but I never know what to do when we're out and about with the drop ins since you can't make the formula in them, do you just bring cold formula and heat them in a glass or something??? At almost 11 months you'd think I would have this figured out by now...
  • Options
    Oh how I love my playtex dropins!!   Especially now that Holden thinks he needs to be sitting up to drink his bottle, they are so easy to use and clean!
    imageimageLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers image . Ice Ice Binky Formerly FutureMrsLynch
  • Options

imageTwinMommy09:
    Thanks Ladies - I have been trying to tighten them extra b/c I thought they were too loose probably adding to the issue. I'll try that and maybe the drop ins again since we have a few of those - but I never know what to do when we're out and about with the drop ins since you can't make the formula in them, do you just bring cold formula and heat them in a glass or something??? At almost 11 months you'd think I would have this figured out by now...

Why can't you make the formula in them? 

imageimage Brothers! image
  • Options

Two to look at that seem to have fewer parts are:

Adiri Nurser

Milkbank Bottles

• Options
    Oh how I hear you!  I would have switched, but my gassy little girl did so much better once we were using these.  I finally got used to shaking them over the sink to make sure they didn't leak before giving it to her.  I'm really glad we have switched over the sippy cups now!

Jen - Mom to Jillian (10/2008) and Hayden (4/2010)

My Blog

• Options

imageMs*Girl:
    The playtex dropins have worked great for us!

Ditto!

• Options
    imagetfarabians:

imageTwinMommy09:

I haven't figured out how to do it very well - you have to add water and powder and shake and it chunks and sticks to the bags... I only tried a few times. Have others used the dropins and made formula in them okay? I just pulled mine out of hiding (so glad we didn't get rid of them).

• Options
    My sister uses Avents as well and I absolutely HATE them with a passion! I don't have any recs since we're still TTC, but just wanted to share in the hatred!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageTwinMommy09:
    imagetfarabians:

imageTwinMommy09:

I haven't figured out how to do it very well - you have to add water and powder and shake and it chunks and sticks to the bags... I only tried a few times. Have others used the dropins and made formula in them okay? I just pulled mine out of hiding (so glad we didn't get rid of them).

Ive never had a problem making formula in the dropins, i just add water first then formula, shake well, then push out the air. 

imageimageLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers image . Ice Ice Binky Formerly FutureMrsLynch
  • Options

Coming in late, but... another vote for Born Free. ?We love them.?

• Options
    Thanks Ladies - glad to know it's not just me! I got the drop ins back out and we used them tonight. I'll try to mix the formula in them sometime this week when we go out, thanks for the tips!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"