Indiana Babies
Options

Keep me in your prayers please...

A little over two weeks ago, we were mowing our leaves and I was in charge of raking them down so he could just mow over them.  Well, he went to go over a bigger pile and put the lawn mower on it's back wheels for a second to put down on the leaves and what we didn't realize was the amount of sticks and wood chunks in this pile underneath it.  So, I was standing about two feet away and when he put the lawn mower down suddenly I heard the mower spit something out and at the same time, felt beyond immense pain in my leg.  I wouldn't even look down at it because I was so scared it had completely like severed off it hurt that badly.  Finally, after like two minutes of being in shock at the pain, I looked down at it and it was purple, blue, and a big gash in my leg.  So, I contemplated going to teh ER, but I could still walk on it, so nothing broken and it never bled (weird, I think).  I was in A TON of pain and it was swollen, but I did just get hit with a chunk of wood at like god knows how many mph, so I figured I'd go see the doc on Mon and that was that.

So, that Monday, I had to go to the doc for a sinus infection and I showed her my leg and she was really concerned at the wound and the swelling.  So, she put me on antibiotics and told me to come back in a week.  So, I went back the next Monday, they were still very concerned since it hadn't really healed, was still very swollen and it was now really infected.  So, they put me on another stronger antibiotic and sent me on my way.  Today I went in and while I think it's getting better, they're still concerned with the infection, swelling and the fact that I still have a huge gash on my leg by my ankle.  Plus, it's still really sore.  So, they're referring me to a wound clinic.  I don't even know what a wound clinic is, but it's freaking me out.  It should have gotten better by now with the antibiotics and it hasn't. :(  So, if you could keep my in your thoughts and/or prayers, I'd greatly appreciate it.  I keep hearing stories from co-workers that they'll open it up and clean it out and thinking about that amount of pain makes me want to hurl. :(

Re: Keep me in your prayers please...

• Options
    Lots of prayers! Wound clinics make a special sauce that help your wound heal. I hope that it doesn't hurt too much. Take care, you poor thing!
  • Options
    Oh my gosh, Joanie! I'm thinking about you - I hope they're able to stop the pain and get you healed!
    Pregnancy Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yikes!  I hope the wound clinic can get it to clear up and heal...  T&P with you!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagemanda429:
    Lots of prayers! Wound clinics make a special sauce that help your wound heal. I hope that it doesn't hurt too much. Take care, you poor thing!

Oh good, that sounds way better than them scraping it clean or something.  My coworkers are freaking me out with their stories, haha.  That's much, much, much easier to take! ;)  It's really not that bad, I don't think.  But, I'm not a medical professional, haha.

• Options
    Ouch!  Keeping you in my T & P for quick healing...
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    TTC #2 since 9/09 --- mild PCOS; Endometriosis
    IUI x4 = BFN
    IVF = sometime in 2012
  • Options
    Oh my goodness...You are in my prayers.  Keep us updated.  I hope that they can get you on the mend soon.
  • Options

Thoughts and prayers!!

I had a co-worker who was one of those horror stories, but his was an extreme case in his finger... and it's fine now.

I'm hoping it's a quick and easy issue!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    oh my goodness, I can't imagine how scary that must have been. Thoughts & prayers headed your way!
    Michael & Ashley . 9.19.2008 . http://bartoblog.com

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

Oh goodness!  I hope you feel better and heal soon!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Lots of prayers being sent your way!
  • Options

Ditto the above about the "special sauce"..though I've never heard it put that way. :-)
    Some wounds need some debridement (what your friends were talking about) but they do make pretty good topical numbing agents that can be used if that's needed.

Good luck! Keep us posted!

• Options
    Oh no!  T&Ps to you!
  • Options
    Ouch! Thinking of you!
  • Options

Wound care clinics are seriously freaking awesome. I think they perform magic.

Sending good healing thoughts to your leg, and definitely keep us posted!

• Options

Ooh, Tricia, you made me feel better, too! 

I heard from the nurse.  I go to the hospital at 9 45 and they're putting me in a whirlpool to "work on the wound."  She also told me to take a pain pill before I came and I asked what she recommended and she said Ibprophen which I can't take obvs, and she said well what can you take and I said tylenol but it doesn't help with my leg pain.  So, then she said I'd be in some pain, then and to have someone with me.  Lovely. 

• Options

You could try checking with your OB about Ibuprofen - it's technically safe until the third trimester, although some of them advise against it during the entire pregnancy regardless.

I have had a lot of diabetic patients with leg/foot wounds who actually really enjoy the whirlpool, so I hope it won't be too bad for you. (Granted, they don't all have great sensation in their legs due to diabetic neuropathy!)

They hyperbaric chamber at Methodist is actually used very commonly for wound care, but I doubt you would wind up needing that. ;)

Did you ever have an xray of your leg to make sure there aren't any foreign bodies inside the tissue?

• Options
    Yeah, they did that at my last appt.  Nothing was in there.  You're making me feel better, Tricia.  Thanks!
  • Options
    Glad you're feeling a little better about it. I hope you have a good experience. :) Keep us posted! I always like hearing about what they're doing.
  • Options

Yikes!  That sounds painful!  I hope that things clear up quickly for you.

Sara

Proud Mommy to Elliott 7.24.07 & Oliver 9.1.09 Our Blog Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Ouch!  I hope they can get it feeling better!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"