MIL lucky to be alive! Thanksgiving Day Drama Alert — The Bump
D.C. Area Babies

MIL lucky to be alive! Thanksgiving Day Drama Alert

I just had to share this with my fellow nesties/bumpies because I really think this lady is a nut case.  We all have MIL stories but this so far as been the best in my books w/ mine.

Thanksgiving day, DH and I got up at 6, put our bird in the oven, had dinner ready for 8 people, ate, were merry and had a good time.  DH decides to give the dog the turkey drippings.  BAD BAD idea.  I didn't see how much he gave her but it must have been a ton because she got sick w/in 30 minutes.  I cleaned it up, he took the dog outside.  Dog came back inside, laid around for a few more minutes and puked twice more, huge piles!  I went to clean up the second pile and as soon as I bent over, I threw up in my mouth.  TMI but I had just been drinking sparkling apple cider and didn't know if it was because the puke or all the bubbles in my tummy.  So I ran to the bathroom in our upstairs hallway, knock on the door, ask who's in there.  MIL is in there, I tell her to get out, by this time I mean business because I knew I was going to get sick again.  Once it starts, its hard to stop until its all over with.  She tells me no.  I runnnnnn downstairs and just made it to the bathroom downstairs before the projectile vomitting starts and I'm in there for 30 minutes going from turkey dinner to dry heaving.  At this point, she walks down w/ water and comes up to me (I didn't even have time to close the door!) and says "I guess you don't have to worry about gaining weight today huh?"

I let it slide because by that point, I was exhausted from being on my feet all day and just didn't feel well after getting sick, but then Friday she made a huge stink about what time we were having leftovers and when we couldn't give her a definitive time she said she wasn't coming and hung up on DH.  This is when I told him about the comment and said I was tired of her acting so juvenile.  She ends up texting me that she's sorry!  TEXTING!! Seriously!! I'm not 14.  I told DH I wasn't responding and when she decided she wanted to be an adult and call me and apologize I'll talk to her then.  She says her excuse for the text is b/c she knew I didn't feel well.  Then why didn't she just say "Hey I know you dont feel well, but call me when you get a chance." 

Grrr.. So then Saturday rolls around, she calls DH first thing in the morning and we had been up since 3 am with a pooping dog by this point and I overheard her say how she wasn't ever going to speak to me again unless it was to say hi/bye etc and how I've always hated her.  DH tells her that I will call her when I get up. 

I call and she says I just need to realize she's being sarcastic.  Maybe I need to get sarcastic and comment about how big her ass has gotten in the past year? 

FWIW, I'm still -1 lb this pregnancy and have always strugged with my weight my entire life.  It is NOT something you say to ANYONE, especially when they're head is hanging in the toilet. 

Vent over. Feel free to post your MIL stories!

Theresa

image Uploaded with ImageShack.us Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: MIL lucky to be alive! Thanksgiving Day Drama Alert

• wow that's pretty horrible and I don't think you had anything to apologize for! I would not have gone to another bathroom, I would have thrown up right there in the bathroom that she was in at the time. It's your house and she was totally rude to you!

my MIL is pretty nice actually (knock on wood!!) so I don't have a story but I'm really sorry yours is such a PITA

• Oh dear.  Well, I can say I sympathize.  Out of the 3 MIL's that I have (Dh has a bio mom, a step-mom and a "mom" who is married to his ex-stepdad - talk about drama), I only really like one of them.  Another one is, well, OK I guess.  And the third one is a bleep-bleepidy-bleep from hell. 

I'm sorry your MIL such a biotch!!

Wife, Musician, Fed, WW-er, and Mom of three little kids - not necessarily in that order.
  • Oh, that's just bad. What a MIL!! I hope your child pukes all over her in retribution some day. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I do have to say that MIL totally betrayed me as a woman when she told DH that running a marathon was harder than giving birth! It's been almost 35 yrs since her last baby, what does she remember?
  • image Sofka:
    I do have to say that MIL totally betrayed me as a woman when she told DH that running a marathon was harder than giving birth! It's been almost 35 yrs since her last baby, what does she remember?

I actually have to agree with your MIL. :)  I've run five marathons (including a weekend of a 1/2 marathon on Saturday and a full marathon on Sunday) and they're definitely harder than giving birth! Smile

• image Slytherpuff:

image Sofka:
    I do have to say that MIL totally betrayed me as a woman when she told DH that running a marathon was harder than giving birth! It's been almost 35 yrs since her last baby, what does she remember?

I actually have to agree with your MIL. :)  I've run five marathons (including a weekend of a 1/2 marathon on Saturday and a full marathon on Sunday) and they're definitely harder than giving birth! Smile

we are not supposed to let the men know this!

(I didn't even push, had an emergency c-s)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards