Two Under 2
Options

How to transition to toddler bed?

We aren't in a huge hurry or anything, but we did get a toddler bed and put it in DS's room (crib is still there too).  He goes to sleep great and STTN, so we were thinking about giving it a go.  Any tips?

Re: How to transition to toddler bed?

• Options
    You can only try and see what happens, your DC may surprise you. GL!
  • Options
    We transitioned about a month ago now so that I could get the crib ready for the baby and our DS has done great.  We talked about it for quite a while and pointed out friends and cousins that sleep in "big boy beds," then he picked out new bedding (well, I picked it, but he is under the impression he did).  Then we just did it.  I expected him to have a rough time, but no problems.  DH moved the crib out of his room when he wasn't around so that he didn't get upset about that and he came home to just his new bed in his room and has been great about it ever since.  I found making a huge deal about what a big boy he was really helped.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We moved Sarah into her toddler bed about a month ago.  We were braced for the worst since her older sister didn't do so well with her own transition but things went so much better with Sarah. 

Our eventual goal was to move Sarah in with Paige in one room (in her toddler bed) so that we could free up space for the new baby (a boy).  We started by replacing her crib with the toddler bed (we moved the crib into Paige's room during this period).  We figured it would go better if she didn't see the crib as an option to sleep in.  We were right.  The first night she cried for about 10 minutes but never left the bed and then went to sleep for the whole night.  After that it got even easier.  She climbs right in on her own and says bye to us.  Over the weekend we moved her in with Paige and that is going great too.

Good luck to you!!

• Options

Thanks!  We've been going two nights and so far so good.  ::knock on wood::

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"