Cincinnati Babies

Wish I wasn't such a worrier

The past couple days, I've been worried that one of DD's legs is shorter than the other.  It's hard to tell but it looks that way to me and it is a possibility with the hip condition she has.  In addition, I worry every single day that her hips have become dislocated again.  I know the chances of this happening are slim but I just can't shake the feeling.  And if I think about it for too long, I start worrying about how in the world I would ever be able to deal with and get her through additional surgeries and castings.  I wish I was better at living in the moment instead of wasting so much of my time worrying.  I can't even imagine how much more worried I'll be when she starts moving around more.  Will it ever end??!

I ended up leaving a message with the Dr. since we don't see him again until February.  Can I just say...this sucks!!  Guess I'm having a bit of a bad day so thanks for letting me vent.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Wish I wasn't such a worrier

• My son was born with his nose flat against his face.  He couldn't breath well and it was broken at 6 days old to try to fix the problem.  In the next six weeks he developed (or was diagnosed with) 3 additional respiratory and GI tract issues.  He even stopped breathing at one point.  He also grew out of almost every problem and is a beautiful, healthy, thriving two year old.  He can breath and swallow and gained weight.  We got thru it and you will too.

There are days that are hard, no doubt.  She is still perfect and beautiful and you are blessed to have her.  Try to concentrate on what you have control over. (easier said than done, I know!)  If there is nothing you can do about it, it is only going to hurt you.

Good luck!  Best wishes and I'll ne thinking of you both!

Kate    

• From one worrier to another - I'm so sorry that you have another stressor on your plate, right now.  That is so unfair.   I am really hoping that all is okay with Lil now...and that all will be okay in the future.  ((HUGS)) to both of you!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"