Cincinnati Babies

T&Ps

Dh is going to have his tonsils removed on Wednesday. That means two-ish weeks of no talking, lifting, or even moving very much. Plus DH is a bit of a high maintenence sick person.  And this is coming right at Christmas too. We have all of Eli's gifts (and my niece and nephew), but still have all the adults to go.  Plus I will have to take E with me if I go shopping, since DH can't watch him (no lifting). 

Oh and my personal favorite, since he can't move, that means we can't even try this month!  I will O during his 2 weeks of restriction!  :(  This is going to be a crappy couple of weeks.  So wish us luck and T&Ps would be appreciated too.

Mr & Mrs - 10/15/05
Elijah Matthew - 5/3/07 ~ Adalyn Rosemary - 3/23/11
imageimage
*Photos by Kacy Cierley*
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: T&Ps

• T&P are with you, I know getting tonsils removed as an adult has a rougher recovery.

I have to say...I just made myself giggle.  What if you just "hopped on" (for lack of a better way to say it) and did all of the work?  Maybe you could still try this month....hehe Surprise

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Not moving much? Really? I have never heard that before re: tonsils. That stinks!! *resisting the dirty joke that is dying to come out - must. be. strong.* I totally understand about a high maintenance sick person. I think it may be man thing. :)
  • Loading the player...
  • bwahaha

I was TOTALLY going to make a joke about him not HAVING to move much....

snicker

• Looks like everyone is thinking the same thing!

On a serious note, T&P are with you!  Hope his recovery isn't too rough (for everyone's sake)!

Ava Caroline 8.27.07 I Charlotte Grace 5.18.09 I Lila Katherine 1.20.11

• DH did mention that as an option, but the thought of having to take his winey butt to the hospital because we rip open his cauterized throat and have to explain how it happened... maybe not such a good idea.  Plus if it rips open they have to re-cauterize it again and the 2 weeks would start over... at least this is how my hypocondriac hubby explained it to me.  Is it wrong that I feel like I have to go to the doc appointments with him to get the straight scoop?  Oh well.

Mr & Mrs - 10/15/05
    Elijah Matthew - 5/3/07 ~ Adalyn Rosemary - 3/23/11
    imageimage
    *Photos by Kacy Cierley*
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Hope all goes well for him! I had mine out when I was 17, I won't lie...it was tough recovery. I wound up in the ER because I needed mine re-cauterized. I was spitting blood.  That sucked.
    image Ready to rumble.
  • I know that it's rougher for an adult, but I had my tonsils out when I was 10 and I felt better within a few days. I think he'll probably not feel well for a few days, but 2 weeks of essentially bed rest is a little much.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I hope it goes well!  And I agree, 2 weeks of no lifting seems like that might be a little extreme.  I only have 1 week of no lifting after my surgery, so I hope you get your hubby back sooner and before you O!
  • I don't know ... I think you should go to the doctor with him and get the info straight from the source. I had mine out at 22. It was very rough, probably not much less painful for me than giving birth, and I have a high pain tolerance. But after 2 weeks I was back at work. The first couple days sucked. I didn't eat anything or take any pain meds stronger than Tylenol because narcotics make me puke and you don't want to do that after having your tonsils out. Of course I ended up throwing up anyway on the second day, but luckily I didn't have to go back. But I was able to get up and move around after the first day. My throat hurt, but my body worked just fine.

Although I don't know if you're going to want to have sex with him anyway. His breath is going to seriously stink. 

Photo by Melissa Nicole Photography

imageimage
  • CopsWife reminded me, I was vomiting for 24 hours after the surgery, I presume from the narcotics and anestesia.
    image Ready to rumble.
  • I had mine out as an adult too (at age 20) and it was definitely a tough recovery but I never was told about restricting movement...I would say he will definitely have throat/jaw/mouth pain but if you REALLY wanted to try still I would say he would be fine to do it...but T&P for a quick recovery for him! and a piece of mind for you! GL!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • T&P's to you and your DH!  I know it is a much rougher recovery as an adult.  One of my friends went to the ER multiple times in 3 weeks due to excessive bleeding so tell him to be VERY careful!  Good luck!
    Our kids are 19mths apart and we LOVE it!!

Married to my BFF on 8.13.05 (after dating 5 years)!

DS born 2.14.08. DD born 9.30.09.

• T&Ps to you and your DH. I hope he recovers quickly!!

I'm probably a bad influence, but LO was concieved about a week and a 1/2 after he donated his kidney. We were just really really careful for him not to move at all, so he wouldn't hurt himself.

DS #1 born January 2010. DS #2 due June 2014.

• I had mine out in April. It was bad, but tolerable! Though I didn't eat for 10 days. I wasn't hungry, and the thought of putting anything in my mouth was horrifying to me : )

I was back at work 10 days later, but didn't do much. The WORST part was that I got thrush (yeast infection) in my mouth from the oral antibiotics. To top it off, the doctor even said later that I didn't actually need to take them, they were optional. But I had sores in my mouth and it felt like my tongue was sitting on glass. I had to swish with nystatin 3 times a day, and now if I even hear the word 'cherry flavoring' (which is what the med tastes like), I gag a little.....

My thoughts are definitely with him!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • That is no fun.  Adults do not handle that as well as kids do.  He will be down hard for 3-4 days for sure.  He should start feeling better after that.  I am perplexed by the 2 week thing as well.  Maybe he didn't hear the post op instructions right?  I agree with the pp...you can still TTC if you do the work. Nothing wrong with that!

Mrs D...I am extremely impressed by your story.   Kidney surgery usually doesn't allow for that so quickly.  What an awesome story!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • imagehav2run:

Mrs D...I am extremely impressed by your story.   Kidney surgery usually doesn't allow for that so quickly.  What an awesome story!

Thanks! We were very careful for DH not to move at all, it was no easy feat.

DS #1 born January 2010. DS #2 due June 2014.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"