High-Risk Pregnancy

XP: Anyone else diagnosed with IUGR?

I just found out that our baby is measuring 5 lbs. 13 oz. at our growth u/s today. They told us this means he is measuring in the 10th % and they are discussing inducing me this week. Everything else on the u/s looked normal (blood flow, fluid levels, etc.) but they said that technically this is IUGR. I just googled and of course freaked myself out. Anyone else have any experience with this?

Re: XP: Anyone else diagnosed with IUGR?

• My LO  had IUGR when she was born, but she was a micro-preemie (26 weeker, weighing 1lb 4oz.) Hers was pretty severe, she was about half the weight she should have been. You LO just sounds little. I wouldn't be too worried. I was actually 5lb 4oz at birth, full term, and I gained weight fine. *hugs* I know its scary to hear that anything could be wrong with your LO.
  • At my scan on Wednesday, we learned that LO's abdomen is measuring in the 2nd percentile although everything else (including overall weight) is normal.  Still this potentially qualifies us for IUGR.  I'll see my MFM tomorrow to be rescanned.  My ob said that she is not that concerned because everything else looks good and the baby's weight of 4 lb, 12 oz was totally normal for 34 weeks.  Still I've been worrying a little too.  The good news is that a baby who is 39 weeks and almost 6 lbs should do just fine.  LO just may need to plump up a little bit.  Congrats on your LO.  Post again to let us know what happens.  
  • Loading the player...
  • I had a IUGR baby who stayed in the 4% from weeks 33-37, and was 5.3 at birth.  He is still in the lower percentiles, but is ridiculously healthy.  I bet you'll be just fine!
    m/c feb 07 ~ m/c twins oct 08 ~ Duncan Thomas: born to heaven 5/19/09 - m/c jan 11

My Blog

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I was induced at 37w2d for severe pre-e/HELLP.  After LO was born, we learned she had IUGR.  She was 5 lb even (1st percentile).  She's gained weight rapidly and was in the 40th percentile for weight at her 2-month appointment.  Our pediatrician was impressed, and we haven't had any health issues so far.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"