Washington Babies
Options

Mrs H

Lexi, I'm so sorry about the BFN.  I just got online today and went back a few days specifically hoping to see good news.  What a downer for the holiday weekend.  IVF is just so damn expensive.  Hang in there.

Would they consider doing injectibles with an IUI instead of IVF?  It makes me nervous given the potential for multiples and the meds are still expensive.  I have a friend who was able to conceive on injectibles/IUI twice (first time with a singleton, second time with twins) but she did not have any luck with clomid (unexplained IF in her case).

Jen - Mom to Jillian (10/2008) and Hayden (4/2010)

My Blog

Re: Mrs H

• Options

Hi and thanks very much!  Yeah, Thursday was a little more somber than usual.  I'm glad DH and I were home alone, with no plans.  I respond to Clomid, so the RE doesn't see a need to change that, until we move to IVF.  Plus, Clomid is pretty inexpensive and that allows us to keep trying for a while, as we save for IVF.  We scheduled a meeting to get the scoop on IVF shared risk programs, just so we know what to expect, once we can afford it. 

Oh, and we're very open to twins, which made my RE suggest IVF even more.  Sure would be nice if one of the non-IUI cycles works and we never have to get to IVF.  I'm not counting on it, but it would be nice!  Thanks for thinking of me! :-)

Photo by J Shelton Photography

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married 10/5/08 | 2 yrs of TTC, tests, procedures & a m/c | IVF #2 =James!
  • Options

I wanted to echo how sorry I am that it didn't work for you this time.. 

What about fermera? (is that spelled right) I did a couple clomid cycles, then switched to fermera and that was the cycle that worked for us.  I don't think fermera effects your lining as much.  I also was doing accupunture at the time, but didn't get it day of IUI because I got a positive OPK before trigger and the schedule got moved up.

any so sorry things didn't work out this cycle.

Theresa

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imagetheresab:
    What about fermera?

Thanks, Theresa!  We talked about Femara with my RE, but she didn't think it was something to pursue.  Femara causes fewer s/e than Clomid (like the thin lining), but also produces fewer follicles.  I've had a moderate number of follicles, so we wouldn't want less.  And I don't have much trouble with s/e of Clomid (except choc cravings and a desire to punch stupid people - haha).  I've been drinking pomegranate juice for the lining and it's been very good for each IUI.  It's like an OWT that works. :-)

It's awesome to hear about someone winning the struggle with IF!  Thank you for sharing b/c I didn't know you'd done some medicated cycles.  That's so great you found the right solution.

Photo by J Shelton Photography

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married 10/5/08 | 2 yrs of TTC, tests, procedures & a m/c | IVF #2 =James!
  • Options

Femara is what worked for me also.  I kept getting cysts with clomid so our RE had us make the switch.  I've never heard about Femara causing fewer follies though.  I got one each time with both Clomid and Femara.  It's good that you don't get too many s/e's with Clomid.  Other than the cysts my only problem was that it dried out my cervical mucous, but pre-seed can always take care of that.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you don't have to do IVF, although I'm sure you feel anything but optimistic right now.  I've met so many people who have dealt with IF.  People don't always talk about it a lot, but it seems really common even amont younger women.

Jen - Mom to Jillian (10/2008) and Hayden (4/2010)

My Blog

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"