Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

f/u to low hearbeat...

Just to bring you up to speed, I had an u/s last week that showed the baby measuring on time, 8w5d, but with a low HR, only in the 70s. I had my follow up u/s today, and there was no heartbeat, and no growth from last week. The ultrasound tech said that the baby "didn't look right" on last week's scan, but she didn't elaborate, so I don't know if she meant that physically, the baby looked deformed, or if it just looked like a baby that wasn't going to make it.

I'm going to have a D&C tomorrow afternoon.  My husband and I had discussed our worst-case scenario options this weekend, and we both think that's our best option.  My body has shown no signs of letting go this past week, and I can't stand the idea of waiting.  I don't want to see it happen, either.  I was almost 9 weeks, according to the bump, my baby was about the size of a raspberry...that's a decent size.  As gross and morbid as it sounds, I don't want to miscarry at home, and see the clots and wonder, "Is that one my baby?".

I'm just kind of numb right now.  I had my deep depression, grieving last week, and as much as I was hoping and praying for better news today, I do have to say that a definitive answer is not nearly as hard as the waiting.  We stopped at Starbucks on the way home, and I'm drinking a gingerbread latte with all the caffeine they could pack into it.  I think we're going to have sushi for dinner, and I am going to have a big old drink this weekend.

Re: f/u to low hearbeat...

• I'm so sorry for your loss. Your story sounds so similar to mine...low heartbeat, small, then no heartbeat.
    BFP #1 9/23/09. Missed MC 10w3d D&C 11/3/09.

BFP #2 4/13/10. Bridget born 12/28/10

BFP #3 Finn born 8/11/15

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt1cb8c4.aspx[/img][/url]

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am so sorry for your loss.  I totally understand your thought process with the D&C.  It is hard.  My baby didn't want to let go either.  The surgery is physically easy, emotionally hard.  My T&P to you.

Missed m/c 11.09 | Missed m/c 3.10 | We miss you & love you so.
    ~ ~ ~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Formerly toddandjulie
  • Loading the player...
  • So sorry...I will be praying for you.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm so sorry for your loss. Our Pumpkin's loss went the same - low h/b, to lower h/b, and then no h/b at 8 weeks, 3 days.

I really think, if possible, a D&C is the kindest and gentlest way to end the loss. It's horrible, but at least the physical part is over and you can focus on the healing. That's JMO, of course.

• I am so sorry for your loss.. I understand how you feel.... I started to miscarry at home at it was awful. 
    ~Married- 10.20.2007~ TTC Since- 4.3.2009 ~BFP#1- 8.25.2009 ~ Missed M/C and D&C-10.9.2009 ~BFP#2-8.12.2010 ~ EDD- 4.20.2011~ It
  • I'm so sorry for your loss, Meghan. Whichever way you go, just keep taking care of yourself and doing what's right for you. ((HUGS))
    imageimage
  • Your story sounds similar to mine and I agree that the D&C/E is the way to go.  I couldn't stand the idea of waiting either.  I am so sorry for your loss {{hugs}}
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"