Upstate NY Babies

Justin's company is closing it's Buffalo base.

The threat of Justin's company closing it's Buffalo hub at the airport is now a reality. In the back of my mind I knew this day would come, I was just hoping it wouldn't be so soon.  The base will close at the first of the year. All the Buffalo pilots of this company placed their bids for alternate airports as of Saturday. We put our first choice as Columbus, OH. However, we won't know where they are placing him until Wednesday. Our other choices were Cleveland, Minneapolis, Indianapolis, and La Guardia (NYC).

If we really wanted to stay Justin could commute from Buffalo, but that would cut into the time that we could be together and if he has to sit reserve then we would only see him a couple times a week. In the end I think we are going to have to move. Ugh. It's not that I'm not used to it, but I just finally felt like I was planting my roots. The thought of starting over in a new hospital (for the 4th time) and making friends, etc is a bit overwhelming. I know things will be ok. I'm a resilient woman :)  I just know I'm really going to miss you.

imageimageimage

Re: Justin's company is closing it's Buffalo base.

• Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Shannon.. I'm SO SO SO sorry. and I'm so so sad too..  Please keep us updated.. and if you need anything at all.. let us know. This sucks!
    Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
    Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
    imagebabies
    baby growth
  • OMG.. you poor girl.. that is so tough!  It's probably better now than let's say if Bella had started Kindergarden or something, but still rough.  I'm so sorry you have to relocate again!!  Keep us posted.  I haven't even met you but I'll miss you!
  • Loading the player...
  • That stinks BUT I hope you still stay on this board!!!!!
    Lilypie Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Ohhh man Shannon, that's so unfair! :( You can't leave! We will miss you!! Keep us posted!

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • oh no Shannon! Moving/Starting over is never easy and I'm sorry you have to uproot again...

at least you can stay in touch through facebook/the boards 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am so sorry you have to go through this. No matter where you end up, you have to keep in touch on this board!
  • Awwwww! Ummm not gonna lie, this post made me tear up a little bit :(

I'm so,so sorry you have to move again! I'm gonna miss you!

imageimageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Oh, no!  I can only imagine how overwhelming that would be.  Is it all moving along really quickly?  Please keep us updated
  • I'm so sorry.  After four years here I feel like I'm finally getting rooted and of course it's time to discuss moving again, so I know how that feels.  Please stay on our board!  I'm going to need all your mommy wisdom ;-)
  • Leaving Ohio and moving here was the hardest thing I've done, but it ended so much better than I thought.  Now, there's a very small chance we're moving again to NC...all the changes suck!  But, Columbus was a great first choice.  You'd love it there!  It's so nice :)  Let me know if you have any questions I can answer for you about Ohio.
  • That really stinks! It must be tough to relocate so much, but like pp said, at least Bella isn't in school yet.  Hopefully you'll stay on the boards and keep us updated.
  • Aw, I'm so sorry.
  • It's too bad that you have to leave.  Keeping fingers crossed that you get your first choice location. 
  • Bummer!!  No matter where you end up you must stay on this board!  We would miss you and your adorable kiddos way too much!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • shannon i am so sorry. I am going to miss you.  i know you'll stay in touch through the board.  How soon does it look like this is going to happen?

• What a bummer!  You should totally stay on this board, I know I love hearing about your kids.
  • Noooooooo!!!

That stinks :(

Photobucket
    Charlie 11.01.07 ~ Paul 05.07.10 ~ Annaliese 02.24.12
  • Awww.  I have never even met you and I will miss you!
  • Shannon I'm going to miss you and am sorry to see you move.  I hope you keep in touch through the boards.
  • imageMrsWhiteonWhiteSt:

Awwwww! Ummm not gonna lie, this post made me tear up a little bit :(

Me too!  :(   We are all gonna miss you so much!  How soon do you have to leave us?

• Oh Shannon, I am so sorry for the news. I know that you were really hoping to be established here. Is there any opportunity to transfer companies to stay in Buffalo? I know that is a very long shot.

Having lived in/near Cleveland and Indianapolis I can say that neither of them would be a bad location. I also have a friend in Minneapolis and she just loves it. Feel free to ask any questions once you find out your placement.

I hope that this all works out the way you want it to. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"