High-Risk Pregnancy

Any ladies here with a bicornuate or "heart-shaped" uterus?

During my 1st appointment last Monday I found out I have a "heart-shaped" uterus.  The doc who explained it to me didn't know much about it.  I did some research about it am and a little scared.  Any of you ladies have the same thing?  What should I expect or prepare myself for?
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Any ladies here with a bicornuate or "heart-shaped" uterus?

• I have one, and the doctors are totally unconcerned.  It depends on how yours is shaped and where the baby is, but it isn't always a big deal.  i'm not getting any extra monitoring because of it, and no one has mentioned it since they discovered it in 1st tri.  it's 100% a non-issue for me.
  • bff has one.  she was told if baby wasn't headdown by a certain point, she would definitely have a c section.   baby was head down.. but she went in at 38wks....  couldn't get past 5cm... went for a section, baby was tiny ... 4 1/2 lb.  but momma is petite... and  baby is now 2 and avg ht, skinny ... she was just gonna be petite though.  baby is fine. 

this will totally depend on your case.  how much of a septum is there.  if your ob is unsure about it, he/she should refer you to someone with experience.

good luck. 

• Loading the player...
  • I just want to throw in that it's very difficult to diagnose uterine abnormalities on an ultrasound.  I had to have an hysterosalpingogram and a pelvic MRI before we knew that I had a septate uterus rather than a bicornuate utereus (they are not the same thing).

So when you do research and see how terrible one of these abnormalities is, bear in mind that you might actually have a different abnormality, or even none at all.  They're very frequently misdiagnosed.

Best of luck to you.  I hope everything will be fine.  I'm assured that my small septum won't be my issue with carrying to term.  

• I have a bicornuate ute and I am 35 weeks. So far it hasn't really been an issue. I have to have an u/s every two weeks and have basically my entire pregnancy. My doctors don't expect me to go full term and my baby girl is in a position where she cannot turn so I will have to have a c/s. It was kind of funny because they didn't expect me to make it to 34 weeks either but here I am at 35 weeks and have a feeling that this baby isn't going anywhere.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"