Parenting after a Loss

Need help from you clever ladies...

I want to make a sign for my office door so that the med techs know not to bug me when I'm pumping...  But I don't want it to be SO obvious that it's TMI for patients...  Any clever ideas?
BFP#1 May 17, 2008
Surgery for ectopic pregnancy June 3, 2008
BFP #2 September 25, 2008
Baby boy born June 4, 2009 at 40 weeks
8 pounds 13 ounces and 23 inches
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
BFP #3 February 6, 2011
First U/S February 25, 2011 = TWINS!!!
Boy/girl twins born October 4, 2011

Re: Need help from you clever ladies...

• Would it make sense to say that you're in a teleconference or is it too obvious that you are not? Maybe say you're having a personal appointment? Or make a sign that you're working on "Project X" and cannot be disturbed? Sorry, I have no really great ideas, but I'll keep thinking about it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagesharon2004:
    Would it make sense to say that you're in a teleconference or is it too obvious that you are not? Maybe say you're having a personal appointment? Or make a sign that you're working on "Project X" and cannot be disturbed? Sorry, I have no really great ideas, but I'll keep thinking about it.
    I wouldn't mind if people could figure it out, but just wanted it to be something where they would have to read between the lines or kinda cutsie rather than "Dr. lkstor is pumping - please do not disturb" LOL :)
    BFP#1 May 17, 2008
    BFP #3 February 6, 2011
  • Loading the player...
  • Well you definitely don't wanna announce to a bunch of military men that your boobs are hanging out. LOL 

I'll see what I can come up with.  

• "I shudder to think you'd want to see my udders. Please do not disturb."
  • Good luck! I had to make a sign and I could hear all my little 1st graders who are learning how to read try to figure out what it said. Honestly, all workplaces should have a nice room with a couch where you can pump in peace. I ended up quitting my 2nd week back at work because it was such a hassle pumping in my classroom.
  • imageCrazycrustacean:
    "I shudder to think you'd want to see my udders. Please do not disturb."
    LMAO :)
    BFP#1 May 17, 2008
    BFP #3 February 6, 2011
  • At my pedi's office they have these colored flags that stick out of the wall next to the door--they're actually little plastic arrows, each representing what's happening in the room, like if there's a patient in the room or not. ?When I nursed DS in the room after the appt., she said she'd put up the pink arrow so no one could disturb me. ?I imagine medical supply places have those? ?Or make a simple sign out of pink paper saying "Privacy Please" and explain to the techs ahead of time what it means when the sign is up...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"