LGBT Parenting
Options

Bought our nursery furniture!

I really can't believe I have a crib at my house!  eek!  This weekend we purchased our crib, changing table and an armoire.  We also picked out our paint color.  My goal is to have the room painted by next weekend so I can start putting together furniture :-)
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Bought our nursery furniture!

• Options

Woo-hoo! So exciting! What did you get? Are there pictures online?

We just put together our crib and changing table this past weekend... 

Its really exciting to actually have the furniture in the nursery... makes it feel very real!!! 

Maybe I don't have a heightened sense of smell, but I've never smelled any vagina on my pants. -- TSD

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Bloggity Blog - You know you want to...
  • Options
    How exciting!!  What did you get? What color did you pick?
    Mrs._F
    sahm ~ toddler breastfeeder ~ cloth diaperer ~ baby wearer

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Moving right along! Which one did you pick?

~Kennedy

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

My office furniture is the Leksvik line from Ikea.  We went with the same color for the baby furniture so I can re-use the bookcase, shelves, and small stand I already have (not that everything has to match but it's more my style to have matching). Plus it wasn't a zillion dollars so it was budget friendly.

Here's the armoire:

It has two bars for hanging clothes and 3 shelves on the inside as well as the draw at the bottom.

This is the changing table.  It has another piece that goes on top to make the changing area bigger.  Once it's no longer needed as a changing table the top comes off and this is what is left.

The wall color is going to be cream (yellow) color.  We didn't want pastels but not a bright color either.  The cream looks nice with the furniture and should lighten up the room a bit.  The color we're going for is almost like the top half of this blanket:

Next we just have to determine bedding.  K has been surprising me because I thought she would want a modern look, perhaps bedding with just a geometric design.  Instead she has said she likes this:

I do like that it has purple as I tend to find that most gender neutral patterns are blue/green/yellow/brown.  The purple and orange add a nice pop of color.  I do think it's cute but it wasn't what I originally had in mind.  The other option K has brought up is Winnie the Pooh but that seems too themed to me and I've never been too big on the Pooh thing.

So for now I'm excited to have furniture and a paint color :-)image

• Options
    Congratulations! How exciting :-)
  • Options
    Oh nice, I really like the furniture... and great paint color too. I also love that K completely surprised you with her bedding choice, nothing like a baby to bring out the kid in our spouses, right?!   :-)

Maybe I don't have a heightened sense of smell, but I've never smelled any vagina on my pants. -- TSD

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Bloggity Blog - You know you want to...
  • Options

Beautiful furniture! It's so exciting that you actually have it in your house!!!

• Options

Great choices!  We actually have the Leksvik tv stand in our living room.  Those pieces will look great with the wall color you describe - and how great that you can reuse a couple pieces you already have? Score! Wink

Too funny how K surprised you with her bedding choice - the more neutral wall and furniture colors definitely give you the room to go bold and bright with the bedding if that's what you choose!

Mrs._F
    sahm ~ toddler breastfeeder ~ cloth diaperer ~ baby wearer

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

I love that K surprised you!  And I completely agree on having the furniture makes it seem more real.  Made all those extra hours at the 2nd job worth it, I bet!

Can't wait to see you - 14 days at the latest, right?!

My first haircut!

Severe MFI - on to IVF w/ ICSI

IVF#1-2: BFN
    IVF#3: BFP! - 1/24: ET - 5d - 2 blasts - 2/02: Beta #1: 16.2 ...... 2/04: Beta #2: 35 ...... 2/09: Beta #3: 401.5 - I'm pregnant! - 2/13: u/s #1 - baby boy, due 10/12, born 10/16! ...... 8 lbs 0 oz, 22 inches! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    imageMarcyIam:

I love that K surprised you!  And I completely agree on having the furniture makes it seem more real.  Made all those extra hours at the 2nd job worth it, I bet!

Can't wait to see you - 14 days at the latest, right?!

The second job was totally worth it! It was so nice to buy all the pieces we need without having alter our budget or savings.  I'm actually hoping another 2 or 3 week job becomes available in the next month or two - so I can buy all the big baby gear :-)

I know, I can't wait to see you too! Will Ryan be attending as well? Or are you looking forward to an afternoon out without baby?

• Options
    Looks great! And I am so impressed! I was just saying to S this morning that it is probably about time for us to go look at cribs...
    married 03/08/08 -- ttc with PCOS (dx 2005) & DS
    IUI #3 gave us the best 2nd anniv. gift ever: 2 babies! (born 03/09/10)
    Peanut and Little Man are getting so big! 2 years old already!
    finally blogging again at This Will Be: An Adventure
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"