Baby Showers
Options

An etiquette question I haven't seen on here before...

I seem to attend many showers of women who I know through my husband.  (His employee's wives, his college friends' wives, etc.)  When I attend a ladies-only shower, should I sign only my name to the gift or both of our names? 

Now, on the other hand, I'm about to have a shower thrown for me and I'm wondering about the reverse....when writing thank you notes for the gifts from my ladies-only shower, do I address it to the woman or both?  And do I sign only my name or mine and DH's? 

TIA!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: An etiquette question I haven't seen on here before...

• Options

If I am the gift-giver, I always sign my name and DH's name.

For your thanks you's, I would go by what they sign in their card and address your thanks accordingly.  If in doubt, I don't think thank you's can ever be said too much!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I was wondering the same thing when I was writing out my thank yous. I ended up doing something along the lines of "Aunt Mary, Thank you so much for coming to my shower. It was great to see you! Thank you and Uncle Bob so much for the.....". Basically I thanked the woman for attending and thanked the couple for the gift.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I always use both names when I've given gifts or thank you notes.  :)
  • Options

I've always only put my name on the gift if I am the only one going to the shower.

I thanked whoever the name is on the card (guest and DH if she signed it that way or just guest if she signed just her name).

I put from the - - - - -  family when we get a gift once the baby is born.

• Options

imagemrsmegs06:
    I always use both names when I've given gifts or thank you notes.  :)

same here

• Options

In my experience, the giver puts s/o's name on it too. When writing thank you's, just address whoever's name is on the gift, and yes, sign your's and DH's name b/c the baby is his too. Therefore, the gift is his as well. Where I'm from, the daddy always shows up for the last 30 min of the shower to say thank you and help load the gifts.

Married 5/31/08 * TTC#1 9/09 - 2/11
    after anovulatory diagnosis and TTC for 1 1/2yrs with several medicated cycles and one chemical pregnancy, we have our first bundle of joy!
    IT'S A GIRL!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    #2 EDD 2/5/13 dx with anti-BIG E antibody, seeing a MFM
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    VOTE on my Name List
    I don't take one single minute for granted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"