Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

My sister said the most bizarre/obnoxious thing...

It didn't bother me coming from her, because I know her and that's just how she is. A little background. She is 8 months pregnant with her third baby-due December 29.  She has a crap load of stuff from her two recent baby showers.  She said, "Well, look at it this way, when you finally have your baby, mine will be old enough that you can have all of this crap."

::sigh::

Also, in church a woman from my growth group said, "God has a plan!  Keep the faith!"  I just said, "That is what they say and I am here today, aren't I?"

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: My sister said the most bizarre/obnoxious thing...

• That's insanely insensitive. I'm so sorry.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Those kinds of comments just sting!  Trust me I know.  I have heard more people say stupid stuff to me at church!  You are just thankful that they dont understand what you went through, but wish that they were more sensitive to you!

{{hugs}}

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • If I had a penny for every time I have heard, "God has a plan". Well, I wish he would let us in onwhat that is! Sorry for the insensitive comments. People just don't get it if they haven't experienced it!
  • I'm sorry, that was insensitive and she shouldn't have said it.  The God has a plan always stings too, and is really a stupid thing to say.
    DD(9)DD(5.5)DS(3)DS(born 2/1/11) July 2006, lost a baby at 8 weeks, natural miscarriage , May 2009 lost Zoe Eliana at 17 weeks no reason known, possible under developed organs. Lost two more babies in September 2009 at 7 wks 4 days. Had myomectomy surgery to remove a large fibroid in November 2009.
  • That is horrible.  If people don't know what to say, they should just shut up.  I'd rather hear nothing than hear you stick your foot in your mouth.  I'm so sorry she said that.

{hug}

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"