Cincinnati Babies

Would you report this?

I woke up this morning and checked my cell phone for any messages.  I had 2 text messages on there from someone I didn't know.  The first one said "wat up" and the second one was a picture of a young girl (maybe 13-14 years old) naked.  She was covering up her breast and had her legs together hiding her lower area. 

I have NO idea who this is.  My DH says to delete it and ignore it.  My mom says to report it.  What would you do?

I did send her a TM back telling her that the next time that she send a naked picture of herself she needed to make sure it was to the right person.  Her response was "hum."  That's it.

What should I do?

Re: Would you report this?

• I'd report it.  The last thing you need is for the incident to be traced back to you and get yourself into trouble. 
  • I would report it if you could.

DH used to work at a photo lab, and there were many times that teenagers would try and develop naked pictures. He wouldn't let them have the pictures, and would have to notify the police. Because if he didn't, he could get in trouble.

DS #1 born January 2010. DS #2 due June 2014.

• Loading the player...
  • I would report it if maybe i received another one, you have proof that you sent a message back basically saying you didn't approve so I feel like that is your proof for now if it somehow turns into something complicated. 

wow that was a really long run-on sentenance.

• That's a tough one. If it was easy enough to do so, I'd report it.
  • I would definitely report it. Hopefully it's just a teen sexting, but you unfortunately never know.
  • Eek!  I would report it.  Do you just call your local non-emergency police number to report it? 
  • I agree with PP's I would report it.  You never know if someone else is taking these pictures of this girl.  I would think you could just call your local police department and report it. 
  • I know that she took the picture herself because she is standing in front of a mirror with the phone in her hand. 

UGH I just don't know what to do.  You all make a good point though that they could trace it back to me.  I guess I should report it to our local police department at least to cover my butt.

It just makes me so sick that kids are doing this crap at such a young age.

• I would definitely report it to cover your butt. 
  • At least call the non-emergency number to tell them what happened and let them tell you what to do. Honestly, if it were my daughter, I would want to nip it in the bud or at least know, especially if it is something she regularly does.
  • Yep, I would report it.  Someone needs to give that girl a good talking to and a police officer might just be the right person for the job.  Her parents definitely need to know what she's up to as well.  Maybe she'll learn her lesson young before she gets in bigger trouble.
    imageimage
    Photos courtesy of Jen Rose Photography
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"