Upstate NY Babies

Friends kids have H1N1

I have a really good friend that we do regular playdates with our kids.  We share many thoughts, like breastfeeding, co-sleeping, and revised vaccine schedules.

Anyway I was soooo against the H1N1 vaccine, but then I kept thinking back to how many times I had strep or a sinus infection when I had my first DD and watched her all day long and it was a nightmare (like laying on her bedroom floor all day).  DH wanted to get it and I felt kind of pressure to get it (in general, not from him.. and l was very conflicted).  Long story short - my friend decided not to vaccinate.

We however got the vaccine - and I just found out my friend and her kids have swine flu as of Thanksgiving.  I am SO glad we got vaccinated, and i should add that thank heaven, we were not exposed to her kids.

Of course - I have been feeling super guilty about keeping my toddler isolated from other kids (until she is fully vaccinated against both flus), but now I am glad I did.. we might have gotten the H1N1 otherwise.  

So happy I went with my instincts.  Even if it was just me who got sick, it would still be really bad, having to watch an infant all day, plus DH would have to take a week+ off work to watch the kids.  Close call!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"