Blended Families

RP from 3rd: Update from L&D

My doctor just came in and told me that there is a CHANCE that they might let me go home tomorrow. She wasn't making any promises. She also told me that I MIGHT get a bedside commode and/or a shower (a real shower - but with a chair) tomorrow. I still have to have an IV for my antibiotics, but I'll live with that.

She basically said that they would check me tomorrow and go from there. I live 20 minutes away and closer to another hospital, so if anything happened and an ambulance was involved, it would probably prolong proper care. The hospital I'm closer to does not have a NICU and an ambulance won't just take me straight here.

She left with "Or maybe we'll just let you live here with us longer."

Ahhh... at least there is a chance!

Re: RP from 3rd: Update from L&D

• As much as it probably sucks to be there, at least you are in the best place for you and the baby.  

• imageFriskyPanda:

As much as it probably sucks to be there, at least you are in the best place for you and the baby.  

This! I know it sucks for now but should anything happen, you're right there for immediate care. My fingers are crossed for you that all continues to go well!!

• Loading the player...
  • Oh, I definitely know this. If anything, it makes me nervous as well. ESPECIALLY since I've already been sent home and came right back.

I'm truly okay with either decision. I miss home, but I know DH gets stressed about taking care of me. When I'm here, DH gets stressed about me being away. When I'm here, I know I will have the fastest possible care for anything. When I'm home, I have the ability to just relax and watch my own tv and sleep in my own bed.

• OH gosh!  I hope all goes well for you - hang in there.

• Good luck! Keep us posted on what happens, ok?
    ~*March 26th, 2011 - The day I marry my best friend*~ Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers image 44 Invitations sent out!
    image 70 guests are joining the celebration!
    image 11 friends are sad they can't make it
    image 20 people are procrastinators!
    RSVP Date: 2/28/2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"