Adoption
Options

Has anyone used Adopt-Abroad?

I am researching (what I feel like) is every agency on the planet and was interested in 2 programs they had with Armenia and Morocco.

Has anyone had any dealings with tihs agency?

Thanks! 

Re: Has anyone used Adopt-Abroad?

• Options

My DH and I briefly looked into Armenia, though not this agency.  I have heard that although it's not technically required that APs be of Armenian descent, Armenia strongly favors APs with Armenian heritage.  Just something to look into.  It's also a small country, and USCIS only issued twenty-some visas last year for Armenian children being adopted by Americans.  I don't want to sound discouraging -- I just wanted to share why we didn't think Armenia was for us.

I hadn't ever heard of any programs in Morocco, so I went to the State Department's adoption website (just because I was curious).  Its summary of adoption law in Morocco says that APs must convert to Islam prior to the adoption....  So that might be something you would want to consider. 

I love the State Department's website, by the way.  It has tons of information about nearly every country around the world -- who is eligible to adopt, who can be adopted, how many visas the US has issued to orphans from that country in the past 10 years, etc.

• Options

Thank you. neither of these facts were mentioned on their website. 

Do you have the link to the state department's info?  

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I found it.

Thanks again

• Options
    adoption.state.gov  -- I assume you already found it, but wanted to post it in case there were any lurkers out there looking for the link.  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"