Houston Babies

Talk to me about strollers and car seats....

We got our Chicco Cortina already but we're looking to spend a gc my aunt gave me on either our Maclaren Stroller Quest Stroller or the Britax Boulevard convertible car seat. I have a 15% off coupon that I want to use before it expires on the 5th (I have another that expires on the 12th) Which should we get? Anyone have either of these and have feedback?

Do you recommend another convertible car seat or stroller for when she's bigger than 50 pounds? Thanks!!!!

Re: Talk to me about strollers and car seats....

• Where is your gift card to or is it like a Visa giftcard?  Only asking because Britax only has a twice a year sale now and it's best to wait until you can get it at the lowest price and get it online.  I believe I got mine for under $200.   

When she's bigger than 50 lbs, most likely she'll be 4-5 years old and won't need a stroller. =) 

Lisa. mommy to Emmy and Ally image
  • I would use it on the stroller and wait to get the car seat when it is on sale (like Lisa said).  The other advantage to waiting on the car seat is that car seats do have an expiration date when you are supposed to stop using them, so you might want to wait until closer to when you will actually use it.

• Loading the player...
  • use it on the stroller..  You'll never find the car seat for the best price at BRU..  They usually run $50-100 more..  I think the sales are Sept and April and they are A LOT cheaper.  I think we paid $165 for our Marathon regular price $289...
  • imagejeneric04:

I would use it on the stroller and wait to get the car seat when it is on sale (like Lisa said).  The other advantage to waiting on the car seat is that car seats do have an expiration date when you are supposed to stop using them, so you might want to wait until closer to when you will actually use it.

An expiration date? Please explain. If I buy a car seat now she won't be able to use it in a year? Or do you mean expiration date when she gets to a certain weight?

• imageLisaK2b:

Where is your gift card to or is it like a Visa giftcard?  Only asking because Britax only has a twice a year sale now and it's best to wait until you can get it at the lowest price and get it online.  I believe I got mine for under $200.   

When she's bigger than 50 lbs, most likely she'll be 4-5 years old and won't need a stroller. =) 

This gift card is to BRU. And now I know that our Chicco stroller (we got the travel system with the stroller and car seat) is all we'll need so there really isn't a need for the Maclaren. I have no idea about weight of a kid at each age so thanks for clearing that up. I should have researched a bit better.

• imagecali_girl92504:
    imagejeneric04:

I would use it on the stroller and wait to get the car seat when it is on sale (like Lisa said).  The other advantage to waiting on the car seat is that car seats do have an expiration date when you are supposed to stop using them, so you might want to wait until closer to when you will actually use it.

An expiration date? Please explain. If I buy a car seat now she won't be able to use it in a year? Or do you mean expiration date when she gets to a certain weight?

Car seats are only good for about 5 years after manufacturing. After that point, the plastic can be weak and they don't guarantee them to work anymore. (Like an old patio chair that breaks, the plastic just gets brittle and won't hold up under stress) Not a big deal for infant seats that are used for a short time, but if you get a convertible seat like a Sunshine that your kid can easily be in for 5+ years it might be a good idea to wait to get one manufactured later so you're not wasting any of its shelf-life waiting on your kid to be big enough to use it.

- Jena
  • imagecali_girl92504:
    imageLisaK2b:

Where is your gift card to or is it like a Visa giftcard?  Only asking because Britax only has a twice a year sale now and it's best to wait until you can get it at the lowest price and get it online.  I believe I got mine for under $200.   

This gift card is to BRU. And now I know that our Chicco stroller (we got the travel system with the stroller and car seat) is all we'll need so there really isn't a need for the Maclaren. I have no idea about weight of a kid at each age so thanks for clearing that up. I should have researched a bit better.

You will probably need another stroller though because the stroller for the travel system can get bulky and so when they get to about 1 or so, an umbrella stroller is so much more convenient and lightweight. 

Lisa. mommy to Emmy and Ally image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"