High-Risk Pregnancy

I'm back in the hospital

Soo... I updated that I got to go home on Wednesday night. That lasted all of 24 hours as I started having contractions again last night. They have me back in the hospital on magnesium sulfate. I've again been told that I will be here for the duration of my pregnancy. I heard this last week, but they let me go home. I have a feeling that since I ended up back in here, they'll stick to it this time.

I also talked to my doc about LO's chances and she was VERY confident since we have a great NICU here and we're past the timeline for the steroid shots.

Oh well. At least my mom gave me a wifi hookup, so I can now bump from a real computer instead of my phone. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

Re: I'm back in the hospital

• Aww, that stinks that you had to go back & ya they'll probably stick to their word of making you stay now.  Yay! for the laptop though.  Are you in Illinois too?  I noticed the White Sox icon :-)
  • I am from the southwest suburbs of Chicago. I moved to northwest Indiana when I married DH two years ago. I still love my Sox!

Where are you?

• Loading the player...
  • Sorry to hear you're back in! I hope that your LO stays put a little longer. 
  • imageshortyred919:

I am from the southwest suburbs of Chicago. I moved to northwest Indiana when I married DH two years ago. I still love my Sox!

Where are you?

I'm about 2.5 hrs away from Chicago in Peoria.  I just was up there in Chicago in September to watch the White Sox play against KC I think it was.  My Best Friends Uncle is Jim Thome and we got to watch the game from his Diamond Suite up there even though he was already traded before that game.  I hear he's trying to come back to the White Sox too :)

• Im sorry:( dont worry, Im sure everything will be fine. its tuff being in the hospital. Im keeping my fingers crossed that i dont have to go back again. I just got out sunday. They also gave me steroids.
  • The Dr said you were passed the timeline for the steriod shot?  I thought it was effective anytime before you hit 34 weeks.  I got mine at 31.5 weeks.

I'm in the hospital too (for two weeks now) and feel your pain. 

Lisa. mommy to Emmy and Ally image
  • imageLisaK2b:

The Dr said you were passed the timeline for the steriod shot?  I thought it was effective anytime before you hit 34 weeks.  I got mine at 31.5 weeks.

This.

• imageLisaK2b:

The Dr said you were passed the timeline for the steriod shot?  I thought it was effective anytime before you hit 34 weeks.  I got mine at 31.5 weeks.

Sorry, I worded that poorly. I got two shots. I'm passed the wait time for them to become effective - meaning we're past the 48 hours after getting the shot. Sorry! I meant that as good news. We got the shot(s) so we're all good!

• imageJalynn06:
    imageshortyred919:

I am from the southwest suburbs of Chicago. I moved to northwest Indiana when I married DH two years ago. I still love my Sox!

Where are you?

I'm about 2.5 hrs away from Chicago in Peoria.  I just was up there in Chicago in September to watch the White Sox play against KC I think it was.  My Best Friends Uncle is Jim Thome and we got to watch the game from his Diamond Suite up there even though he was already traded before that game.  I hear he's trying to come back to the White Sox too :)

I wanted to name the baby Thome, but DH vetoed it (and he got traded). Hahaha, I'm only a little kidding. Stick out tongue

I hope he comes back!

• I'm so sorry shortyred - that would be awful. But I am sure your LO will do great with whatever happens at this point - I was told that if our LO were to come now we'd only be looking at minimal nicu time (our baby is measuring 4.5 lbs already) and I'm sure they will do all they can to keep your LO in as long as possible. I'm glad you got the internet so you can have some entertainment at least!
  • imageshortyred919:
    imageLisaK2b:

Sorry, I worded that poorly. I got two shots. I'm passed the wait time for them to become effective - meaning we're past the 48 hours after getting the shot. Sorry! I meant that as good news. We got the shot(s) so we're all good!

Ooh, good! I too went WAIIT!! lol. Sorry you're back in the hospital - but a gf had her LO at 26w2d and brought her home 2d before her EDD - off of the feeding tube, and on oxygen only at night by nasal canula. Your LO will be just fine!!

And baby - just 'cause you'd be fine does NOT mean you can come out yet!! You're a 2010 baby, got it?

Hang in there Mama!!

~*~Meghann~*~ Type 1, insulin dependant diabetic for 11 years using a pump and sensor. wedding countdown Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am originally from NW Indiana and have been in SW Ohio for some time.  What part of the Region are you at?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"