Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Am I wrong (MIL)

I can't stand my MIL so need to check if I am over reacting .

MIL drives, but only when she wants to (to Bingo or shopping, that it) She refuses to drive to work because she does not like parking. When DH lived at home him & his dad took turns driving her and pickign her up, door side service. Well FIL works shift work so he can always drive her but when he works afternoons she calls DH to pick her up. Fine, its his mother. But she waits and calls 15 minutes before she needs a rise and manipulated him by saying she is taking the bus and walking home from the closest stop in the dark until he says its OK mom I will come get you. I think she should at least have the deceancy to call the night before or a few hours before so we can plan it, she needs to be picked up at 7pm, L's bedtime so DH often gets pulled away from this. I just think she should drive herself or let us know in advance, am I being a B!tch about this?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Am I wrong (MIL)

• Options
    No. There is no reason for her not to call the night before unless she truly doesn't know that her husband won't be able to come get her. This seems like something that should be fairly predictable though. Can your H just coordinate with your FIL and cut MIL out of it?
  • Options
    That is messed up. He should definitely get more notice than that especially since your LO is so young.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Nope, I'd be mad too.  Sounds like she has a dependency issue to be honest.
  • Options
    I don't think it is unreasonable that you ask her to call in advance and not 15 minutes.  I don't see why it is still your DH's responsibility.  He has his own family and responsibilities with you and your LO.
  • Options
    image**Gretchen**:
    No. There is no reason for her not to call the night before unless she truly doesn't know that her husband won't be able to come get her. This seems like something that should be fairly predictable though. Can your H just coordinate with your FIL and cut MIL out of it?
    This.
  • Options

imageSheriBT:

I agree with this.  There has to a way around this.  Isn't there some kind of taxi service or something that FIL and MIL can pay for?!

• Options

you are not being unreasonable about this - she sounds very needy and k.s.p. ("kulang sa pansin" - meaning needing attention - you may use the expression on her LOL).

"Develop an interest in life as you see it; in people, things, literature, music -- the world is so rich, simply throbbing with rich treasures, beautiful souls, and interesting people. Forget yourself." - Henry Miller
  • Options

No you?re not wrong, but know that nothing will change until your DH makes a change.  They are use to enabling your MIL?s neediness and she loves it.  That is irritating.  My MIL has never known how to drive and is not interested in learning.  My DH and his siblings have to take her every ware, shopping, Doctors appt., everything it?s sad.  I stay out of it; I don?t want them to start asking me to help.   

• Options

I don't think you're overreacting.  I don't love driving in the city and when H and I are out together he always drives.  I do drive myself if i want to go somewhere and H doesn't and I share the driving with him on long trips.  I think your MIL is being rude and selfish not to give him more notice than that.  His family (read you and LO) should be his first priority and it's not fair for your H to be pulled away from this to pick her up on a regular basis.  I think you're being more than patient with her.  She should definately be driving herself if she is capeable of doing so.  I would hate to have to depend on people to drive me everywhere!

• Options
    imageSheriBT:
    This. Has he tried talking to her?
  • Options

Sorry to post & run off my mom stopped by to help with some organizing.

HE has talked to her and then she gets all mad and says Sarah tells you what to do blah blah. Its a control issue, she likes to be in charge, she likes to control any situation she can. DH is a momma's boy.  He has gotten a lot better about it, but I need to tell him to just say to her mom can you try to give me more notice. One time she did this and we were over an hour away and couldn't get her. She was so upset that she had to take a bus, and left us a message sayign she was taking a bus & walking and then wouldn't answer her phone so DH drove there to make sure she got home safe. Control, and yes she is big on needing attention and things being all about her.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"