Pregnant after 35

It's beginning to look a lot like....C-SECTION!

Hi ladies,

Went for an ultrasound on Tuesday which confirmed that my LO is in a breech position.  My doctor sent me to the hospital the following day for an "external version," a procedure where they manipulate belly to try and turn the baby from the outside.  It was not fun.  After 3 tries they gave up as her head is stuck right under the left side of my rib cage.

Looks like a scheduled c-section on December 16th.  I'm a little disappointed...   Sad  Any tricks for turning this baby before then?

Re: It's beginning to look a lot like....C-SECTION!

• I don't have any personal experience, but I've heard really good things about the "Webster" technique with chiropractors (although it might take more time than you have lol...)

This is supposed to be a good resource too:

linky

Good luck with everything!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Oh, that stinks! I'm so sorry!

I'm actually in the exact same position. My doc recommended that I spend as much time in a pool or bath as I can--he said that he's seen swimming help. Do you have a pool near you that you could try to spend some time in?

I'm also seeing a chiro for the Webster technique. I've only gone to see her once; have another appt on Saturday. I'll let you know how that goes.

There are also lists of other things that you can try--things like this https://naturalpregnancyproject.com/15-ways-to-turn-a-breech-baby-for-a-natural-childbirth/. My doc told me that this stuff can't hurt (swimming and Webster are on there). 

I'll send baby-flip-over vibes to you! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I think there is a website call "spinning babies" you may want to look at
  • no advice...but will offer a little hope!!! my DD was breech the entire PG...we had a c-section scheduled and when I went in for my last appt before the C/S the dr did an internal and was like " i think the baby turned" - U/S confirmed. SHe had turned at 38 weeks and i never felt any movement that would have suggested it. So it is still possible for the LO's to turn...don't give up hope!!!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"