2nd Trimester
Options

"Your butt got big"

Wow, happy Thanksgiving to you too, mommom and aunt and cousin!  Really nice.  Not "Hey, you look good!" or "How are you?" or even "Congratulations!" since they haven't seen me in the 6 months I've been pregnant, just "You must be having a boy, your butt got really big!".  I'm still in my PP jeans with a BellaBand.  So now I'm holed up in my little brother's old room in tears :(  Everyone else I've seen said I'm all baby.  I know I should be Thankful on a day like today, but it's hard when you get insulted three times in a row!

Re: "Your butt got big"

• Options
    Aw, I'm sorry.  I emailed my 20 week picture to my parents (they haven't seen me in a couple of months) and my dad calls and says "You've gotten fat!".  Um...thanks a lot, I am growing a baby ya know. Tongue Tied Sometimes family members just don't think before they talk.
  • Options

Oh, I hate when people do that! I'd go back out there and ask her if she put on weight. "Have you gained some weight? I just noticed you look a little rounder, that's all."

People are so freaking rude sometimes. Sorry they suck!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Ignore them.  People are so weird about pregnancy weight! Especially if you didn't have a weight problem pp.  Just ignore them and have a wonderful day.  I am sure you look beautiful with your baby bump!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Heh, my ass has gotten huge. People (and there have been a lot of them) who tell me I'm "all baby" are full of shitt.

Don't let it get you down. You're making a baby. You're supposed to get bigger.

image Lucy, 12/27/2009
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I know I'm supposed to get bigger.  I just have a really low self-esteem and already feel self-conscious all of the time.  I love my baby bump, and love being pregnant.  I've worked so hard at eating right and working out, and I just wanted a day with the family and not have to worry about being judged, especially on Thanksgiving.  Guess that isn't happening!

Thanks for trying to make me feel better girls.  I'll go hang out with my dad, he always makes me smile :)

• Options
    Not sure if this would apply to them but my pregnant b*tchiness would want to say "I'm pregnant...what's your excuse".  I would probably bite my tongue instead Wink
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Notes:
  • Options

That's when you reply "Your's too!".

I'm sorry that happened :( That's not nice at all

• Options
    My mom said the same thing to me when I was pregnant with my first baby. I was not happy. I know that she didn't mean to be rude but I wish some people could think before they spoke.
  • Options
    My big sister had 2 kids, and she's really excited that I'm pregnant.  She was wondering to my mom how I'll look when I get big and start showing, and my mom says, "well she'll have a really big butt."  Thanks, mom!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Yeah, my mom likes to remind me that she weighed 120 lbs when she gave birth to me knowing full well I am 120 lbs NOW.

I think some mothers have a tendancy to me a little TOO competitive with their daughters...

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Eleanor Noelle - 18/05/12 Claire Elisabeth - 16/-5/10
  • Options
    Ugh, people can be so rude! All day yesterday I had to deal with my mom and SIL touching my belly to see if they can feel him kick. It was soooo annoying! Also, my mom was literally following me around with a camera and constantly snapping pictures of me. I was sooo not in the mood, I was tired and felt like a house.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"