D.C. Area Babies
Options

Nap time vs. doctor's appt - opinions

I scheduled DD's 15 mo appt 3 months ago when she took a nap in late morning and another in late afternoon, so her 2:00 appt was great.  Since then she is on one nap a day from 12:30-2:30.  So, I just realized this and her appt is next week.  So do I wake her up, or reschedule, knowing they can't see her until Dec 8, so 2 weeks late.  I am leaning towards the reschedule, but I didn't know if that would be a problem with the shots, etc. 

Re: Nap time vs. doctor's appt - opinions

• Options
    It shouldn't be a problem with the shots.  They all need to be given within a range that's usually months long - 2 weeks won't affect the efficacy whatsoever.
  • Options
    I'd reschedule and call every day to see if there any cancellations prior to the Dec appt
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DS was always one that I could switch from the car seat to the stroller without waking.  And our pedi is always running a few minutes late.  I'd keep the appointment, and just let her finish the nap in the waiting room.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm a huge believer in scheduled naps, both my kids are on pretty strict schedules.  But no, I personally wouldn't reschedule a check up just around this concern.  Especially if the next appt. isn't until 2 weeks later.
    Wife, Musician, Fed, WW-er, and Mom of three little kids - not necessarily in that order.
  • Options
    I would just go to the doc and get her back on nap schedule the next day.
  • Options

imageArtslvr:
    I'm a huge believer in scheduled naps, both my kids are on pretty strict schedules.  But no, I personally wouldn't reschedule a check up just around this concern.  Especially if the next appt. isn't until 2 weeks later.

Ditto exactly.

• Options
    Ditto Arts and JAR. Don't reschedule - it's one day and baby will probably end up cranky because of the shots anyway. Things will be okay!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I would just go. Maybe try to shift her nap time that day so she gets a full nap in first, but I wouldn't stress about it too much. It seems like whatever time I schedule Tony's appointments for, hs nap changes so that he should be napping right when his appointment is. Frustrating, and so much fun when we have a long wait at the office.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"