Trouble TTC
Options

How much money?

So I had my HSG test today - results were positive, which is good but means I still don't know what the problem might be...anyway, the reason i'm writing is b/c my stupid insurance doesn't cover these tests.  So I have a few questions.

1) has anyone had this test done before and if so how much did it cost?  i was given the rough estimate of $1500. 

2) does anyone know exactly how much it cost of actually being pregnant and giving birth? 

3) does anyone know any programs/hospitals that help with the costs associated pregnancy and births? My insurance is just crap right now b/c I work contract.  If I get hired on full time (fingers crossed!) my insurance will be much much better - however, I'm concerned that if I get pregnant before I get hired that the insurance will say it is a pre-exsisting condition and it wont' be covered. 

Any thoughts?

G

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How much money?

• Options
    I love insurance - I just had my HSG - the hospital/lab was billed for $2700.  They got $1200.  Hope that helps.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

So I had my HSG test today - results were positive, which is good but means I still don't know what the problem might be...anyway, the reason i'm writing is b/c my stupid insurance doesn't cover these tests.  So I have a few questions.

1) has anyone had this test done before and if so how much did it cost?  i was given the rough estimate of $1500. 

My HSG cost about 3500 without insurance. 

2) does anyone know exactly how much it cost of actually being pregnant and giving birth? 

No. It's impossible to give you an exact cost of being pregnant and giving birth. Co-pays are different, deductibles are different, you might have complications of have to  have more bloodwork or u/s than somebody else.

In addition to all that, hospital costs vary greatly from hospital to hospital.  There is no way to get an "exact" cost.

3) does anyone know any programs/hospitals that help with the costs associated pregnancy and births? My insurance is just crap right now b/c I work contract.  If I get hired on full time (fingers crossed!) my insurance will be much much better - however, I'm concerned that if I get pregnant before I get hired that the insurance will say it is a pre-exsisting condition and it wont' be covered. 

You will have to call your local hospitals to find this out. Chances are they don't. You can probably work out a payment arrangement, but the "program" to help with the costs associated is your insurance. If you go from one group plan to the next with no lapse in coverage they cannot deny you coverage for insurance.

Our IVF Miracles! Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

I had a friend who paid oop for the birth of her child five years ago.  She paid $3000 and then was billed for anything extra beyond that. 

Most hospitals have a discount plan, but you have to be very bad off financially to qualify or some offer a discount (like 10%) if you pay the balance in full.

• Options
    My HSG without insurance cost me a little under $600.00.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"