2nd Trimester
Options

Ughhh....Sex....

Yes so at 16 weeks I'm already getting so sick of hearing my dh go "well my friends told me that when their wives were pregnant they had crazy sex." He's obviously forgetting about all the crazy sex we had to make our DO.  I'm sorry if sex is just to much work right now.  Give me a break, I'm pregnant, absolutely exhausted, and still working a full-time very stressful management job.  And it's not like I'm saying "NO" I'm just saying "please don't ask me to try to get anywhere in all this"

Am I just being selfish or should my DH try to be a lil more understanding???

Re: Ughhh....Sex....

• Options
    I had no sex drive, still kind of don't. He should be more understanding. IMO
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DH has been understanding but disappointed. He was told by a couple of people that the 2nd tri - a woman can't get enough of it. However, he was shocked when I still had no interest. Everything I have read said your drive goes way up or way down. The drive was there before, so I guess I guess it went away for me for now. It is exhausting, especially after working a long day - totally understand!
    Little man # 1 - 03/05/2010
    Little man # 2 - 05/02/2013
    Little sister - 07/16/2015
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have no sex drive whats so ever. There was a quick period when I did, but it's nothing now. I asked S/O the other day if he wanted to just because he's been so good about not saying much even though he's dying inside. It was painful at points and not fun, but it made S/O so happy.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    He should be more understanding. So should mine though. He is the same way. I want nothing to do with sex and he doesn't shut up about it. It's really annoying. Someone told my DH I would be an animal in my second tri, well, Im 20 weeks and not even close to being an animal. Hey DH, you try being pg and tired and achy and emotional etc all the fricken time. I feel your pain.
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure at this point, my sex drive won't be back until the baby comes. I'm busy with work, busy with stuff at home, and tired. DH can just deal. God gave him two hands for a reason.
  • Options
    I've had low to no drive... and last wk we had sex once, and the next day I had some cramping/spotting. Called the dr and they said it was most likely b/c of sex. I told DH no more until after our next appt b/c it really scared me and its not worth more cramping/spotting and stress. (and 1st tri I had really bad m/s so very very little to no sex for 3 months)
  • Options
    lol - every time my DH reads something about pregnant sex he says "well, this says that your sex drive should be revving up... when do you think that's going to kick in?" I just give him a smile and pat him on his knee. Poor guy... but really, even thinking about it makes me tired. 
  • Options
    Amen!! I feel badly, but I have no desire-- if you're gonna get me in the bed, I'm gonna sleep.
  • Options
    Sex.... what's that again?  It's all I want and DH doesn't.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Even if I want it, once we get there, I feel like I'm going to suffocate.  A couple of times he's suggested other ways of going about it, but even brushing my teeth makes me gag.  All I can say is, "Sorry!"  Hopefully it'll be different once LO is here.
  • Options

imagemellieg8582:
    Sex.... what's that again?  It's all I want and DH doesn't.

I'm in the same boat!  I often wonder what is wrong with him, LOL. I never thought I'd see the day when a man didn't want to have sex. Sigh.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I haven't really been completely uninterested, but isn't something I desire as much as I used to.  Then, when I do feel like I might want to, DH doesn't want to at that moment (then 5 minutes later I'm over it) or I don't enjoy it at all...  DH has been great about it, but he was really hoping I'd be among the women who have to have it at this stage in the game!

Hang in there, your hubby will be just fine!  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"