Pennsylvania Babies

Went to L&D today...

I was supposed to have my 34 week appt today and they called to reschedule it for next week.  I told the receptionist that I have been having a lot of contractions and cramps the last few days and she had me speak to the nurse, who then spoke to the dr on call who told me to come into the birthplace at holy spirit.  I knew I wasnt in labor considering I only had a couple of contractions today but they wanted to be sure... so I went....  turns out I have an infection which is causing the cramping and I'm on medicine for it.. they told me to take is easy and they think I am probably overdoing it which is also contributing to the contractions (easier said than done with a toddler)

They did check me and I am 75% effaced and 1cm dilated.  The dr told me he thinks I'll be back in 2-3 weeks to have the baby, I'm hoping its more like 3-4 weeks but I'm happy i'm making progress!

We also found out that Holy Spirit recently changed their visiting policy and its now the same as Harrisburg and Hershey Med... no visitors under the age of 18 allowed.  I asked how strict that is and the nurse told me that at most they will allow Connor into the family waiting area and I can come out and see him there, but not with the baby.  I knew this was probably going to happen but I am worried about being away for two days and then coming home with a baby.  Any advice on how to make that easier on the little man?

Re: Went to L&D today...

• Well of course I have no advice, but I am glad that you got the contraction/cramping issue straightened out. But 2-3 weeks, yikes! I hope you're ready!
  • Hey! I haven't been on much lately, but I just thought I'd check before I go to bed. You know I can relate!! Anyway, I'm sending you an e-mail :-)
  • Loading the player...
  • Glad to hear you figured out what was going on with the cramping.  Yay for progress, too!  It really could be any day now (although hopefully a few more weeks)!

Not quite sure what to do about the hospital visitation thing.  Eloise was allowed to waltz right into my room, and see the new baby when Maddy was born.  Maybe to prepare Connor, I'd probably be showing him lots of pictures (or even video, if you have that) of you and the new baby, so he sees what's going on at the hospital.  I'm sure he'll do great with the new addition!  Little kids are amazingly adaptable - Eloise doesn't even remember life without Maddy anymore. 

• Glad that you figured out what was going on. I hope that you can take it easy, although with a toddler, I can't imagine how!

You may beat me with getting this LO out! GL! :) 

• I'm glad the infection was found and I hope you're feeling better.  I can't believe your LO will possibly be here so soon!

I don't have any advice but I like the idea of the photos and video.  Also a bringing home a special treat can't hurt.

{Blog}
    TTC since Jan 07. Dx with PCOS Jan 08 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"