Trouble TTC

Clomid & HCG Shot

We started our first cycle on Clomid this month... 5 pills 50mg each starting day 3 of my cycle. Went for an ultrasound on Saturday morning (day 14), looks like I have 1 full size follicle and a few smaller ones (tech didn't specify how many) which they say means I'm on the right dosage. Hubby had to give me a shot of HCG in my bum that afternoon to release the egg. Blood test on Friday 11/20 (yay new moon!) to check progesterone levels. Pg test no earlier than 11/28........

So it looks good. But I don't want to get my hopes up... I feel like for so long nothing has worked out, but all of a sudden everything is falling into place.

Did that happen for anyone else? Is it normal (or rather common) for all these things to happen right and not necessarily a positive sign that I could be preggo this month? Has anyone else had success on their first cycle w/clomid&hcg shot?

Please let me know! I'm trying to figure out how far I should allow my hopes to be up!!!

Re: Clomid & HCG Shot

• Many people have success on their first round, many people do not. There is about a 20% chance of success with clomid, you could be part of that 20% success.

Good luck! 

A lot of years and a million tears finally led me to you.
    After 7 years trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs, my third IVF was a success!
    My Christmas baby turned into a turkey bird! Dillon Richard was born at 34 weeks, 5 days on November 28, 2009 after 10 weeks on bedrest for preeclampsia.
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/arriinthere/PJ/?action=view
  • It was not successful for me month one, but I have a friend who got lucky first try (although she had a IUI as well).

Good luck! 

• Loading the player...
  • This is my first round of clomid (50mg days 3-7) after TTC for over a year now. We did IUI with the trigger shot and the IUI was Thursday. I find out the results on 12/3- my 30th birthday! Could be the best or the worst birthday! So nervous!

Sounds like we are around the same time- good luck! Also heard New Moon is great and can't wait to see it!

• This is my first month on Clomid and the hcg shot too. I also did the 5 pills at 50mg pills on days 3-7. I had an ectopic about three years ago and now my left tube is completely blocked, but the right is open and functioning. It took us a while to want to try again, but we have now been trying for over a year and are getting frustrated, so started the Clomid. The ultrasound showed one egg on the right ovary at 23 so we are keeping our fingers crossed. We are now in the tww and it's killing me to wait, it's seems like forever! I have been trying to find success stories from women that used Clomid to try to keep my spirits and hopes up. Anyone have any good ones??

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"