Central Florida Babies

Moving to Fl-Recommendations

Good Morning!

I'm looking for a few candid recommendations...My husband and I currently live in Michigan and are thinking of moving to central Florida, around the Tampa area. I have family in the New Port Richey area. We are looking for recommendations on nice areas to raise a family including safety of area, public schools or recommendations for private, etc. We are both employable in the healthcare field and I'm sure the economy in Fl is better than Michigan.

In other words...If you could move to any area in central florida, where would you move and why? We do not have a family yet, but are going to begin trying this summer. We are looking to spend ~$225,000 on a 3-4 bedroom home.

Any recommendations on areas you would recommend would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Moving to Fl-Recommendations

• I am from Michigan, and dread going to the cold for Christmas.... Brrrr....  I really don't have any recommendations in the Tampa area.  We live in East Orlando and love love love it.  Our friends all live in the Dr. Phillips or Winter Park area of Orlando, we love those areas tooo...  All are safe, Orlando has its "bad" areas and there are definelty places I wouldn't recommend.  The job market here is not great, but better than Michigan.  My DH is in Med Sales, so all of our friends are in the HealthCare industry, and I have to say, all quickly found jobs.  I would put your feelers out for jobs and base it on that.  All of Central Florida is great, just depends what your looking for.  If you want to be near the beach, obviously you have to go east or west.  Daytona is nice.  Tampa is beautiful, alot of high end living and what your looking for.  Good luck.... the sunshine is great...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"