Georgia Babies
Options

Shelly update Monday

OK we need for some good news this week.  This breaks my heart...from her husband's status

Shelly is bleeding somewhere in her abdomen. The doctors are not sure where, but they have had to give her blood every day this week. The bleeding is not severe enough to be life threatening but the cause is a concern. The hope is that she is bleeding from ulcers which is relatively easy to treat.

There is also the fear that a section of her intestine is ischemic (dead tissue). If that is the case the doctors will need to cut out that section, but we are not sure if she is strong enough for a surgery right now.

Re: Shelly update Monday

• Options
    ugh... poor shelly needs a break. continued thoughts and prayers.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

More prayers being sent up- hang in there Shelly- we are all pulling for you!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    seriously heartbreaking!  many thoughts and prayers for her and her family!
  • Options
    My heart is just breaking.   Can someone cut her a break already?!!?  I would be happy to donate blood if anyone thinks might need it.
  • Options
    Poor Shelly : (  I'm still praying for you girl, hang in there!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Oh no!! :( Sending lots of prayers her way!!
  • Options
    My heart just breaks for Shelly and for her DH, as I know he must be worried sick. Many thoughts and prayers for them. I pray that things will take a turn for the better very soon.
  • Options

imageladybugDZ:
    My heart is just breaking.   Can someone cut her a break already?!!?  I would be happy to donate blood if anyone thinks might need it.

I don't think blood donations ever go to a specific person.  However this is a good reminder that we should all give blood if we can!

T&P to Shelly and her family.

Jen & T.J. 6.17.06 BabyBlog * my chart *
    Joseph Henry was born at home on March 9, 2009
    Nora Mae was born at home on October 30, 2011
  • Options

Continued thoughts and prayers for Shelly! She definitely needs to catch a break.

Abigail Taylor 09.18.2008

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

Poor shelly....so incredibly sad.  So much for her family to bear....what a fighter shelly is.  Praying for her and her family.

• Options
    This is so sad :( I am continuing to pray for her!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Still thinking of her and sending prayers her way.
  • Options

Sending lots of prayers and hugs to her family!!!

I'm going to church tomorrow to light a candle for her.

• Options
    Poor thing--she needs a break!  Will continue to think good healing thoughts for her.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I will continue to keep her in my prayers! She is really fighting right now, I hope to hear some better new soon regarding her recovery.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
  • Options

I get sick everytime I hear something that isn't a step in the right direction for her. This just isn't fair.

Re: Blood donation - You can do a directed donation, and if the person can't use your type then they can "exchange" it for their type - aka they won't be charged.

The Knot won't share my Bump Siggy, so here's the low-down: 4/27/07 - Got engaged! 8/31/08 - Got married (to my best friend)! 12/30/08 - Got Pregnant! 9/3/09 - Welcome to the world, Elias Solomon! 8/16/10 - Got Pregnant, again! 5/14/11 - Welcome to the world, Talia Hadassah! 1/14/12 - Ready or not, here comes #3 (EDD 9/27/12)
  • Options

I am a universal donor. I am going to find out if I can give a direct donation for her. 

I am thinking of Shelly every day.    Traci, Kim, let us know if there is anything we can do for her family in the meantime.    I think she lives near me.  Does he need me to come clean the house?  Do some laundry?   Make a few meals for him/ his family?  I assume he has lots of family around helping him, but they are not free of this stress either.  I am happy to do what I can to help them out. 

I just want Shelly and her body to get a break.  My heart aches for her and her poor family.  

• Options
    :*(  Not good news at all, huh?  Darn it....was so hoping to hear that things had improved for her after this weekend.  Please keep sending Shelly and her family our thoughts and prayers; it HAS to start working sometime, right? 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageMLvK:

I am a universal donor. I am going to find out if I can give a direct donation for her. 

I am thinking of Shelly every day.    Traci, Kim, let us know if there is anything we can do for her family in the meantime.    I think she lives near me.  Does he need me to come clean the house?  Do some laundry?   Make a few meals for him/ his family?  I assume he has lots of family around helping him, but they are not free of this stress either.  I am happy to do what I can to help them out. 

I just want Shelly and her body to get a break.  My heart aches for her and her poor family.  

Ditto everything michelle said.  I can't even begin to imagine what they are going through.  I'm so very sad and saying lots of prayer for her always.

• Options
    She's one tough cookie! We'll keep her and Tom in our prayers.
    Team Green for #2! Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Shmoo is growing up! Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Continued prayers and thoughts to Shelly and her family.
    Pregnancy Ticker

DD- 9
    DS-6
    c/p- April 2016
    missed m/c- 6w5d; discovered 8w2d- September 2016

• Options
    praying ...
    Photo by Everything Nice Photography
    My blog
  • Options
    Sending more prayers!
  • Options

Many, many prayers her way.

Ditto Michelle also.  She live a mile from me.  Please let me know if I can do anything.  I feel so helpless.

Does anyone know how to give blood to a specific person?  

• Options
    Ditto Michelle and everyone else. Shelly's been in my thoughts constantly. I'm a universal donor as well - I'm happy to give up a pint for her!
    Lil' G was born April 25, 2008! Big C was born September 28, 2011! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Shelly is such a fighter.  Many more prayers sent her way.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    Continued thoughts and prayers to her and her family. 
  • Options
    Oh no :(

EDD 1/8/10 - our sweet sunshine DD born 12/30/09
    EDD 2/15/14 - Stillbirth at 21 wks 10/02/13
    EDD 8/12/15 - MMC 1/12/15
    EDD 12/24/15

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"