2nd Trimester
Options

its official...I suck at being domestic

The past few days my mom has been on my back about the amount of laundry I have piled in my house. It's not a suprise that DH and I hate cleaning, it's the only thing we REALLY fight about.

I just got off the phone with her (mind you I am really close with my mom and she is the SWEETEST lady you will ever meet) and it ended fast bc I was holding back tears.

She just told me my marriage isn't going to last bc I don't keep a clean house. My husband is in Montana working and won't be home until Friday so I'm uber emotional now....

thanks mom

Re: its official...I suck at being domestic

• Options
    ummm WOW!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I don't think having an "unclean" house will lead to a marriage ending. I haven't done laundry in about 3 weeks...finally got around to doing it today and I ended up doing 9 loads! It's all about working together to get things done though. You're both in this together! My DH has his things he does and I have my things I do. Don't let that conversation get you down Smile

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    mom just called back to appologize and she was crying bc its a known fact that my father told her that he wanted a divorce bc she didn't know how to keep a clean house. I am so mad/hurt right now
  • Options

:(

This totally sucks. I am sorry your mom doesn't seem to be aware of how terrible that is to say.

I suck at being domestic too. My great culinary feat is pigs in blankets, and I put the dishes off until the last possible moment, even though we have a dishwasher. Bun doesn't love it, and we squabble over it... but it's not a deal breaker.

I suggest doing something to make yourself feel better... Get some chocolate, take a bath, light some candles, read a trashy romance...whatever. Just do something that makes yourself feel really good.

And then tomorrow, begin to take those backed-up chores on one at a time. I had to spend $17.00 at the dollar laundromat the other day (Yeah, $1.25 to wash, $1.00 to dry.. Can you imagine how much I had to do?!) but once I got it all finished I felt soooooo much better. And now I have yummy smelling clothes again! :D Yay!

• Options

Good, tell her mine's fvcked too.

Doesn't she realize you DH is making half the mess? How about HE clean?

My DH won't clean, so I have recently decided not to be his maid. If I took pics of our house, you'd be pretty grossed out. Its a battle of the wills. And I think I'm winning :) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    if a marriage fails over laundry I'm screwed!!! lol.
    "Dear Lord, I would have loved to have held my babies on my lap and tell them about you, but since I didn't get the chance, would you please hold them on your lap and tell them about me?" DD 9/22/03 Our little sassypants! DS 4/10/10 My little man is growing so fast
  • Options

imageparatender83:
    mom just called back to appologize and she was crying bc its a known fact that my father told her that he wanted a divorce bc she didn't know how to keep a clean house. I am so mad/hurt right now

...I'm sorry. This may be offensive and/or rude. But your father sounds like a d!ck. My dad's a d!ck too, so don't feel bad about it... but seriously, to want a divorce 'cause your house isn't clean enough? Get a mop, and a life, and get over it dude.

• Options
    Aw :(  Sorry she upset you!  Don't worry, I'm not the most domestic person either.  I got to the point where I hated doing it because my mom would poke fun at me if I cleaned (not that she cleaned much but if I got in a cleaning mood she'd make sarcastic remarks & I got tired of it).  I pretty much only clean if people are coming over or if no one is in the house (DH included) & I get in a cleaning mood.  DH does most the cleaning, he finds it theraputic. 
    Dylan Gabriel 04/29/10 Aiden Drake 04/28/12
  • Options

uhhhh....my husband makes about 6 times more money then I do per year and at first I was like oh I'll clean since he really brings home the bacon but then I go to thinking...umm I work the same exact amount of hours each day so why should I have to do all of it?!

My husband has only done dishes 2 times since we moved into our home in July, done laundry (but not putting them up) probably 10 times but that's it. I'm not trying to make him or my mom sound bad bc I know I'm slack but I've never had anybody tell me I'm slack.

• Options

Sounds like you need a chores list sweetie.

Just because he "brings home the bacon" doesn't mean you don't work just as hard... and probably twice as hard now, because your body is also working while you're resting. You're building a baby!

This needs to stop. He will need to take responsibility for some of the household chores, especially once your LO gets here. Ease him into it by just giving him certain tasks throughout the week, like "H, take out the trash." or, "H, I need you to help me with this laundry." Generally if you're nice about it, say please, and make it about the two of you being a team, he won't have an issue with it.

• Options
    it's funny my mom said that about my dad I guess it had nothing to do with the fact he was seeing my stepmother behind my mom's back for over a year before he wanted a divorce. He's my dad but from the outside looking in yes he's not the best guy, left my mom with 3 little girls and didn't pay child support for years. But he regrets everything he did to us every time I see him, he says the biggest mistake he ever made was messing up our family.
  • Options
    I am finally feeling better after almost two straight months of m/s and my house is a disaster! I haven't kept up on laundry, grocery shopping, dishes anything. My hubby helps out a little but he totally understands that if he wants the house clean he can do it right now. I'm busy creating life!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"