3rd Trimester

Baby shaking in womb???

I was wondering if anyone has felt this before.  The shaking only lasts for about a second and maybe happens once or twice a day.  I am 33 weeks and just started noticing.  I read posts online that it is nothing, and then others said they remember this happening while pregnant and now their child has seizures.  Has anyone had this happen before???  I go in for my next check up on Wed and I am going to ask the DR, but I'm worried. 

Re: Baby shaking in womb???

• I have no idea but let us know what your doctor says!
  • Yeah, my little girl feels like she's a cell phone vibrating sometimes. It's only happened twice that I can think of, and it didn't last long, but it was a funny sensation.
  • Loading the player...
  • I have had this too, with both pregnancies. For some reason I never thought to ask the doctor about it, but my first son is perfectly healthy now. I think it's fine, hopefully your doctor can give you some piece of mind though :)
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • If it's the same as what I am feeling, I would describe it like when you see a dog or cat scratching behind their ear...it feels like that is what LO is doing.

I also never thought to ask my midwife about this, but would be curious to know if it's something I should be concerned about. Still, something tells me it's normal.

• I call this her "Fish out of Water" trick.  Because thats exactly what it feels like to me!  Wish I knew why she did it....
  • Do you think it could be LO stretching?? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Sounds like the Moro Reflex...it is the startle reflex that newborns have where they throw out their arms and legs and shake a little. 
  • I feel the same thing on a regular basis.. when I asked Doc at my last appointment, he said its probably baby just sneezing or yawning.
  • I have it too but judging from how many of us have it I think it's normal.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"