2nd Trimester
Options

Ugh...the good and bad from our recent dr visit

Well, the good news is that we had a very cooperative baby and are having a boy!

The bad news is that I have strep b - which I had never heard of before in my life but discovered that anywhere from 10-40% of women have it and it can transmit to the baby during labor and be very bad. 

Anyone else have strep b? 

imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Ugh...the good and bad from our recent dr visit

• Options

I have it too! It was news to me. Apparently we have to start taking antibiotics at around 37 weeks, sooner if they think we might go into labor, to protect the baby. I'm not concerned. My doctor isn't concerned. It doesn't seem like a terribly uncommon thing.

Ashley & Jeff Married since August 2007 BFP Cycle #16, Clomid 100mg DD #1 born on March 25, 2010 TTC #2 as of May 31, 2011 Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I did with DD. It's not a big deal at all. You will just have to get an IV bag of antibotics before the baby is born and I think one after..I can't remember but it is nothing to worry about.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congrats on your boy!  I'm surprised they tested you for Group B strep already; they usually don't do that until much later in pregnancy.
  • Options

Congrats!!!

It's not really a concern as long as you get the antibiotics around the time of birth. It really only becomes a problem when it is undetected and then gets passed to the baby during birth.

E 03.10
    H 11.11
    C 08.13

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

imageBabyGurlE:
    Congrats on your boy!  I'm surprised they tested you for Group B strep already; they usually don't do that until much later in pregnancy.

THIS!

• Options
    I had Strep B with my last daughter.  However, was not tested for it until around 35 weeks or so.  They just made sure I had IV meds while in labor, and she came out perfectly fine :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"