2nd Trimester
Options

how much tylenol are you taking....

for headaches?  i've had a headache since about lunch time yesterday.  last night it got worse and really hurt.  i've already taken a few tylenol.

how much do you normally take for headaches/aches & pains??

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: how much tylenol are you taking....

• Options

is it like migraine headache? A coworker of mine gets migrains with every pregnancy, and her dr prescribed tylenol 3 w/ codine (sp?) Maybe you should call your dr?

I think regualr tylenol says no more than 8 a day, but I don't know if that changes with pregnant woman. I had a toothache, and the most I took was 4 in one day.

• Options

I haven't taken much at all.  Only a couple tablets like 3 or 4 different days.  But I haven't really had the headaches, only back pain.

I got a list of approved meds from my OB and for headache it says Tylenol and + or - Caffeine. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    the max is 4000 mg per day (regular tylenol is 325 per tab, extra strength is 500 mg per tab)
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I have week long migraines off and on during my pregnancy and my OB said to take 2 Tylenol as need (up to 8 daily).  I'm allergic to codeine (lucky me) so this is my best option so far, thought it's not exceedingly helpful. 
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I've only had to take it a few different times for regular headaches.  I only take 2 pills of regular strength tylenol. 
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagemisma09:

is it like migraine headache? A coworker of mine gets migrains with every pregnancy, and her dr prescribed tylenol 3 w/ codine (sp?) Maybe you should call your dr?

I think regualr tylenol says no more than 8 a day, but I don't know if that changes with pregnant woman. I had a toothache, and the most I took was 4 in one day.

Seriously?  Because codine is a narcotic.  I did not think that would be safe.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageNiniJ55:
    imagemisma09:

Well, that's what my coworker's ob prescribed for her. Maybe he weighed how much her headaches were affecting her with the possible side effects. She could only take it for 3 days at a time. But obviously, call your ob and ask. No way would I just start taking something without having the ok.

• Options
    My ob also prescribed Tylenol 3 for my migraine headaches.  Unfortunately, this baby isn't a big fan, and I threw up non-stop when I took it.  So I suffer through with regular Tylenol. 
    Connor Thomas 6/6/08. Discovered missed miscarriage at 17 wks 3 days, D&C 11/25/09. Please, please, please - BFP 5/21/11, EDD 2/1/11. Beta@12DPO=52, Beta@14DPO=158. U/S 7/7/11 shows strong baby measuring a couple days ahead!!! Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imageNiniJ55:
    imagemisma09:

I asked my doctor about this early in the pregnancy because its my wonder drug when I'm sick and he said its fine to take. I had a terrible pain in my wisdom tooth because they need to be taken out and I was taking Tylenol every 3-4 hours for almost 24 hours straight.

• Options

I usually only take one.  A few weeks ago I was having terrible headaches.  My OB perscribed Lortab which definitely helped.  If  your headaches continue, I would definitely call your dr.  GL and hope you feel better!

• Options
    I've only had to take two a couple times. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'd start with the minimal, you can always take more if your headache doesn't go away.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

thanks ladies.  this is only the second time i've taken tylenol since i've learned i'm pregnant.  i only take one pill at a time, but this headache is worse than others i've had.  not quite a migraine, but i've had them before and scared to get one now!!

thanks for the feedback.  i think i'll only take 2 more regular strength today.  just wanted to know where everyone else fell on the continuum.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I wish my doc would prescribe me something stronger (I miss my prescription migraine meds). Instead mine told me to take extra strength tylenol and benedryl or Tylenol PM. I suppose he's trying to knock me out so the pain won't bother me as much.
    DD(14),SD(13),SS(11),SS(9),DS(3)

• Options
    I believe you can 2 extra strength tylenol, but I don't remember how often. I only take regular strength and no more than two a day. I think I have only broken down and taken it two or three times through the pregnancy. I usually only take one if I take anything. Good Luck and I  hope you feel better. One of my friends would drink a soda and the caffeine would help with the migraines. I wouldn't know if it helps, because I am avoiding caffeine during the pregnancy.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    The maximum amt you should take in a 24 hour period of tylenol is 4000mg. Yesterday my amount was 3000mg. I have a headache lasting a few days now and haven't really gotten much relief. I have given up on the tylenol and am now just trying a little caffeine and some ice.
    Child #1: 6 yo DD Child #2: 2yo DD
  • Options

500 mg every 4 to 6 hours as needed.

When not pregnant, I take the full 1000 mg dose (2 extra strength tablets), but i'm personally not comfortable taking that much right now.

• Options
    I have not taken any medication since becoming pregnant.  I was having realllly bad headaches a few weeks ago and it turns out that I just needed more water (even though I was drinking a ton already).  My OB said water can surprisingly be the cure for a lot of pregnancy aches and pains and so far she's been right.
  • Options
    I take less than you are allowed, because I don't need much to get rid of headaches.  I usually take 1 regular strength Tylenol (325 mg, I think) every 4 hours...usually only need two in a day and I'm fine.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"